Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

your favorite song

iggy

Elite Mentor
Platinum
Post up, im interested in hearing what you ALL love the most.
i think your favorite song tells a lot about your personality.

These all fell close behind.
2.The Velvet Underground - Heroin
3.Television - Marquee Moon
4.The Buzzcocks - I Believe
5.America - I Need You

^fuggin dago

it's cliche and all, but goddamn that's a fucking song right there. makes me think of pops and all he taught me. remember in school they made you write your own obituary or epitaph? i wrote the lyrics to My Way.

smurfy, if your going to tease KBs fav song (which is awesome too), you at least gotta post up your favorite.

Without doubt, my favourite song is Tchaikovksy's Piano Concerto 1, mov 1 only

The song is simply capable of expressing any human emotion: you have the grand statement of unity between the piano and orchestra at the beginning waltz, punctuated by the opening cadeza, where the piano's sense of self-doubt/conflict brew, brilliant demonstrating by the soloist adopting different personalities with each hand.

After going back to the waltz, the song never displays the same degree of happiness. The song becomes of constant tension - a battle - between the sololist and himself, and against the orchestra. The falling out between the two entities is encapsulated by the 2 key dramatic moments - piano at 7-9mins; orchestra 10-11). The two parties falling out descends into a weary, reflective piano, and gradual reproachment between the parties unfolds.

Simply perfect - the complex emotional relationship between the parties is perfectly captured, and the beauty/drama of some of the moments is unparalled: see ">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="690" height="350">

Last edited:
Top Bottom