Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

You no longer need to be drinking or driving to be arrested for drunk driving

B.S. is right.

Powell should get acquitted - the dram shop acts are if you are srving alcohol to a person who later commits/involved in an accident. And as to the foreseeability - how is he supposed to be the idiot's conscience.

The dead Navy ensign's father is just bitter (although I do
sympathize for the loss of his son).

Well - we'll just have to see how Frackal chimes in on this one...

This is the story I referenced in the other DWI thread..
Wild Wild Wild... Actually the cops changed the rules and now impound the car for 24 hrs after arrest because of this case.

This is stupid. Acquittal all the way.

If he gets convicted it will be overturned.

I feel bad for the kid who died and his family, but shit, we might as well bring charges against Frackal also.

If the driver survived, this would be a non-issue.

You shouldn't be able to be held responsible for the actions of others. That crosses the line on foreseeability and individual accountability.

DNA proves guilt yet the well-known defendant is acquitted.

"Hot coffee burned me - gimme money."

"Fast food made me a fat-ass - gimme money."

State DAs slam tobacco firms and then suck 60% "off the top" in fees.

"2+ packs a day gave me cancer, I didn't know - gimme money."

Corporate attorneys earn millions identifying every loophole possible, often for short-term gains never considering what might be "the right thing to do."

To me, an ignorant outsider, I'm continually embarrassed by the American judicial system, the professionals that participate within it and the jury's and judges that dole out so-called justice and damages. I understand that we rarely hear about the true professionals and the "good" that transpires, and I'm sure there are many examples of each, but why should this kind of bullshit surprise us.

Common sense rarely seems to prevail over greed, arrogance and self-importance these days. Of course, I don't know if it ever did.

Later,

Maybe the magistrate should be held liable for letting the guy out on bail before he sobered up.

How about we take this further and hold prosecutors responsible for losing cases. Let's say they lose a case and the defendant later commits murder. Let's hold the prosecutor accountable for not locking the guy up.

Top Bottom