Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

You become insulin resistant in your teen years? And insulin stimulates testoterone?

I don't get it...the article states that acne is caused by the release of insulin, and insulin growth factors, which spur test production, and then it says that teen years are insulin resistant... Isn't that when the most growth is occuring?

I am not a chemist, or a dietician, or a teenager...can you explain this??

bullett said:
I don't get it...the article states that acne is caused by the release of insulin, and insulin growth factors, which spur test production, and then it says that teen years are insulin resistant... Isn't that when the most growth is occuring?

I am not a chemist, or a dietician, or a teenager...can you explain this??

I don't get it either. I'm hoping someone will elucidate.

JC

You are confusing growth vs. maturation.

the article makes a couple valid points, particularly in the mechanism of acne production (insulin/IGF-1 raising testosterone raising sebum) but when they talk about insulin resistancy and tissue growth, that doesn't make too much sense. isn't the purpose of insulin to shuttle glucose from the blood to the cells? if you become insulin resistant, that means that your blood glucose remains high and your cells are left with getting their primary food source via transport without insulin. this article implies that we all become somewhat diabetic after the teenage years, although not through a lack of insulin but through insulin resistancy; both having the same effect of high blood sugar, but i don't think that is the case.

i think by "insulin resistant" they should say that people in western cultures eat too much damn sugar so that it would appear that they are insulin resistant. rather, they have just reached the point in which their cells are saturated, their glycogen levels are full, their blood sugar is high and they get acne because of high insulin.

i hope that helps.

Last edited:
Top Bottom