Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Winstrol & hair loss?

Nutrient-Nut

From all the comments from most everyone that I've talked to, the majority claim that Winstrol is harder on the hairline than anything else. Do you agree? The thing that gets me is that most everyone that has a problem with hairloss while taking Winstrol is on Test or Tren also, which I would think would make a significant contribution to accentuate the problem. Who's used Winstrol with something like Deca or Equipoise or something else less androgenic than Test - and haven't had a problem with losing very much hair?

Is Winstrol really the worst AAS for accelerating hair loss? What about Test, Tren, and Anadrol? Easier or worse on the hair line than Winny?

NN

Winstrol not that bad!

Something I found from BILL ROBERTS to compliment my above thread.
NN

Wanted: Big Muscles, Lots of Hair

Q: I want to do a steroid cycle, but all the men in my family have gone bald and I think I'm losing some hair too. I'm thinking that Winstrol is the steroid I should use, but not if it converts to DHT! Please help!

A: Winstrol doesn't convert to DHT, but regardless of what anyone else says, when it comes to synthetic steroids, converting to DHT has absolutely nothing to do with hair loss. All androgens at sufficient doses will speed male-pattern baldness if you have the genetics for it. It's that simple, and there's no exception.

Steroids fall into three categories here:

1. More potent in the scalp than in muscle — bad news.

2. Equally potent in the scalp as in muscle — less of a problem.

3. Less potent in the scalp than in muscle — good.

Testosterone, if finasteride (Proscar or Propecia, 1 mg/day) isn't used, falls into the first category. Most synthetics fall into the second category, as does the Testosterone/finasteride stack. Nandrolone falls into the third, desirable category with regard to hair loss.

So, if it's important to you to delay your apparently inevitable hair loss as long as possible, the best choice of steroid is nandrolone, at moderate doses such as 200 mg. You'd get more results at 400 mg, but it would be somewhat harder on the hair than the lower dose. Winstrol isn't a terrible choice for the hair, but will speed hair loss, as will all of the synthetics or Testosterone.

Since Winstrol doesn't convert to DHT and falls into the catagory of:

2. Equally potent in the scalp as in muscle — less of a problem.

It makes sense to me to treat the problem in the scalp. The two products that come imediately to mind are Nizoril and Spiro cream.

With test, it makes sense to me to try to stop some or all of the conversion to DHT. So finasteride would be a good choice.

If you are already using finasteride to prevent hairloss then deca is def a bad choice. I would opt for test.

I would never use fina. Can fina convert to DHT? If so, the finasteride would seem to be a good choice.

Strange...everybody I know who juices in my area says that winstrol is one of the best AAS to do because of it's lack of ANY side effects, including hairloss. Fina is used by almost everyone I know and many use it for their first cycles without any problems. The only time I've seen anyone get any sides from AAS is when they are using MASSIVE doses, I'm talking 500-1000mg of test/day! Stacked with tons of other stuff. I'm not condoning using high amounts, and I respect all drugs, but, I'm not sure that the side effects are that pronounced at moderate and safe dosages.

A steroid does not have to convert to dht to be hard on the scalp. dht just happens to be the form that naturally (endogenously)binds to androgen recpetors in the scalp. Winstrol is a DHT derivative, therefore it seems logical that it would more easily bind to scalp receptrors then other steroids. Primo, masteron and proviron are also dht derivatives, and hairloss has reportedly been problems with those as well. The only thing that converts to DHT is testosterone, however, 5-AR may make some steroids more androgenic . Fina has a high androgenic component to it and my experience with myself and those around me who have used it is that it cause a lot (relative to others) of hairloss. finasteride will not prevent testosterone completely from turning into dht. it reduces DHT levels between 60-80 % effect type II 5-AR, most prominent in the scalp. SO, if you are taking 10 times the amount of testosterone your body normally produces, , you still will have 2-4 times the normal amount of DHT. And that is only assuming equal stoppage in scalp and body. It helps, but its not completely effective. Higher dosages of finasteride do not reduce levels beyond that range.
My .02
JWGS

Re: winny and hair loss

nizoralman said:
Winny is hard on the hair line for most individuals that are prone to MPB.
The best thing to use with winny is either Topical Spironolactone 2% or Spironolactone 5% Cream. The spironolactone 2% can be had for about $15 per bottle.

Nizoral Man
[email protected]
http://www.wholesalehairproducts.com

What about azelaic acid? I read that it is the only medically proven topical -- reducing DHT 98% and reported in the British Journal of Dermatology (or some similarly named medical journal).

I have a theory on winny and hairloss. Winny will drive down SHBG significantly leading to more free test, if you are stacking with test. I would think for those prone to MPB, this would be like taking more test, or amplifying the effects of test alreay present. While this is part of the reason winnie works so well, could also lead to some other sides. So not saying winnie does not have direct effects of its own, just that there is a synergy when it is stacked with other things, which is both good and potentially bad for certain sides.

If you use winny in conjunction with HGH it's offsetting.

Top Bottom