Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Will your dvd player play dvd+r or dvd-r?

will your dvd player play dvd+r or dvd-r or neither?

• Mine plays dvd+r

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Mine plays dvd-r

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Mine plays neither....just the mass produced dvd's

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Mine plays both

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I have no idea....speak english next time. I'm a bodybuilder dude.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This is a serious poll, I have to know whether or not to get a dvd+r recorder in addition to my dvd-r recorder for the wedding and party dvds that I make.

I give them video as well but dvd is the preferred medium for several reasons.

Panasonic dvds made last year play dvd-r. Philips and Magnavox play dvd+r. Not sure about Pioneer.

Also.....has someone found a dvd+r recorder with a hard drive like Panasonic makes for the dvd-r format? We are talking console units for home entertainment systems.....NOT the computer burners.

Computer burned dvd's are loaded with compatibility problems with stand alone console units right now. Thye don't usually work in home entertainment systems so that is no good for me.

Staples had a whole big table of +R today but that doesn't mean much. Dell's pushing it too.

But -R has had a pretty good head start and that's what I've got. (Buddy of mine bought a box of -, I bought ONE + and swapped him ten-for-one. Heh.)

It's all BS anyway -- you can get a +/- burner unit, so there's nothing fundamentally incompatible about them.

digger said:
Staples had a whole big table of +R today but that doesn't mean much. Dell's pushing it too.

But -R has had a pretty good head start and that's what I've got. (Buddy of mine bought a box of -, I bought ONE + and swapped him ten-for-one. Heh.)

It's all BS anyway -- you can get a +/- burner unit, so there's nothing fundamentally incompatible about them.
Both Sams Club and Costco are selling the dvd+r (Philips, Magnavox, Go Video) recorders as well. Not dvd-r (Panasonic) like Radio Shack sells.

Top Bottom