Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Wife of 20 years gives husband kidney; Husband leaves her for her sister

p0ink

Man Leaves Kidney Donor Wife - for Sister-in-Law
Scotsman ^ | 3.18.05

After risking death by giving her husband a kidney four years ago, a town’s mayor has been dumped for another woman – her sister-in-law, it emerged today.

For more than 20 years, Carol Jewell and John, her husband of three decades, were Liberal Democrat councillors in Woodley, near Reading, Berkshire.

The couple, both 53, who have two daughters, also worked together at the University of Reading.

Beth Rowland, leader of Woodley Town Council, said the couple had been married for 33 years but Mr Jewell had recently resigned his from the council, having moved to Dorset with his lover, Marilyn Edmeades.

“Marilyn is Carol’s brother’s wife,” she said.

“I understand it (the affair) has been going on for some time.

“In 2001 Carol gave John her kidney, then a couple of years ago she was told she had breast cancer.”

Mrs Rowland added: “This is not exactly the thanks you would like in return for the gift of life.”

Mrs Edmeades is a former Tory candidate for nearby Bracknell Forest District Council.

It is understood Mr Jewell left his wife six months ago. He resigned from Woodley Town Council this week.

Fellow councillor Viv Samuel said: “I’m just amazed. They were a perfectly happy married couple, but then another woman came along.

“Carol is the nicest person you could wish to meet and so is John. They were both my friends.”

Mr Jewell underwent an operation four years ago to receive one of his wife’s kidneys, Mrs Samuel said. After this, he began his affair.

“Carol gave him a kidney. John was very ill. He would have had to spend years on dialysis without a kidney transplant,” she said.

“Carol had to go through a five-hour operation. Donating a kidney is far more dangerous than receiving one.”

Mrs Samuel said: “Two years later Carol was knocked off her bike and nearly killed, then six months later she was diagnosed with breast cancer.

“She has had to undergo chemo and radiotherapy. The cancer has gone into remission now.

“The last four years have been very tough for her health-wise.”

Mrs Samuel said she was “gob-smacked” to hear Mr Jewell had left his wife.

She said: “He and Carol worked together, were on the council together, they were devoted to one another, devoted to their family – and then he was gone. I’m just stunned.”

A spokeswoman for Woodley Town Council said: “Mr Jewell has resigned. There is now a vacancy on his ward (Coronation West). I believe he has moved away from the area.”

Mrs Jewell, who was unavailable for comment, works as a researcher at the University of Reading. Her husband also worked at the university. A spokeswoman said today that he had left the post.

Mrs Edmeades stood as a Conservative candidate for Bracknell Forest Borough Council in 1997.

So I guess once he was given the kidney, he renounced all rights to make decisions to make himself happy?

why? don't you want to see another tantrum?

Top Bottom