Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why Taxation is Theft, Abortion is Murder, & Gov't is Dangerous

They obviously need to change. I'm sure you'd rather they just die.

Yeah, inject pointless conjecture into a discussion over the economic viability of entire generations of kids.

If they refuse to change, wouldn't you rather them die as well?

They obviously need to change. I'm sure you'd rather they just die.

Changing government education was why the DoE was created in the late 1970's and outcomes have remained stagnant or declined. In 1900 you had 30-40 students sitting in front of a blackboard. In 2013 you have 30-40 students sitting in front of a whiteboard; Government innovation is an oxymoron.

Changing government education was why the DoE was created in the late 1970's and outcomes have remained stagnant or declined. In 1900 you had 30-40 students sitting in front of a blackboard. In 2013 you have 30-40 students sitting in front of a whiteboard; Government innovation is an oxymoron.

Are private schools doing that model any differently?

Here's the real difference between public and private schools - the kids, their parents, and socioeconomics. When court-ordered bussing to end desegregation went into full force around 1972 or so, a whole new industry of private schools popped up practically overnight. Anyone who could afford to, sent their kids to private school to get them away from those troublesome poor negro kids. Public schools were left with a high percentage of low-expectations kids.

You'll also find that in more homogenious areas, or higher income areas, that the public schools there are just fine.

Answer: There's no comparison between the models used by public and private schools. Public high schools are patterned after day care centers and private high schools are patterned after universityes.

Follow-up Question: Why are you debating private versus public schools if you have no idea how the private school model works?

Here's the real difference between public and private schools - the kids, their parents, and socioeconomics. When court-ordered bussing to end desegregation went into full force around 1972 or so, a whole new industry of private schools popped up practically overnight. Anyone who could afford to, sent their kids to private school to get them away from those troublesome poor negro kids. Public schools were left with a high percentage of low-expectations kids.

You'll also find that in more homogenious areas, or higher income areas, that the public schools there are just fine.

We've already covered this. The poorer students get fatter vouchers.

Problem solved.

And you didn't answer my question from a few posts ago: If public schools don't change soon, shouldn't they die?

Answer: There's no comparison between the models used by public and private schools. Public high schools are patterned after day care centers and private high schools are patterned after universityes.

Follow-up Question: Why are you debating private versus public schools if you have no idea how the private school model works?

That's a facile response. I can't say that there was a hell of a lot of difference in pedagogical methods between public school and university, apart from the difficulty of the material, and certain assumptions about the maturity of the students. Both still have a person standing in front of a room full of seated students, with some sort of visual medium, as Java described in the post to which I was responding.

Are you suggesting that there is one universal model that all private schools follow? I knew lots of people in Catholic schools, and their experience was no different from mine apart from the absence of opposite sex classmates and the presence of nuns and priests. Or do parochial schools not count for your private school model?

And you've experienced both public and private? I'll admit that my experience with public school ended in 1974.

We've already covered this. The poorer students get fatter vouchers.

Problem solved.

And you didn't answer my question from a few posts ago: If public schools don't change soon, shouldn't they die?

No. If they don't change soon, it's our fault not theirs. And Bill Bennett's...

That's a facile response. I can't say that there was a hell of a lot of difference in pedagogical methods between public school and university, apart from the difficulty of the material, and certain assumptions about the maturity of the students. Both still have a person standing in front of a room full of seated students, with some sort of visual medium, as Java described in the post to which I was responding.

Are you suggesting that there is one universal model that all private schools follow? I knew lots of people in Catholic schools, and their experience was no different from mine apart from the absence of opposite sex classmates and the presence of nuns and priests. Or do parochial schools not count for your private school model?

And you've experienced both public and private? I'll admit that my experience with public school ended in 1974.

No. If they don't change soon, it's our fault not theirs. And Bill Bennett's...

I am familiar with both public and private school models. I have had children in both programs (and been involved with their teachers and curriculum). I've also mentored in both types of models in programs like the FIRST Robotics competition, numerous science fairs and a variety of other nerdvig events (i.e. egg drop contests).

And no, if they don't change soon they need to go. Even if it is Benett's fault, that is irrelevant.

Parochial schools have existed since the 18th century.

I would argue the problem with both public and private schools is the fact that the state controls them via licensing and curriculum; It discourages innovation.

My nephew completed his high school foreign language requirement, that's two years of foreign language, during his last summer break. He's attending an international high school accreditation program subsidized by a German multinational with a local plant; They had to attract their German managers with children.

Top Bottom