Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

why are nerds more acne prone?

ask stardestroyer. you will get expert answers there.

Maybe they are considered nerds because they have acne. I never hear girls say, "that guy is so cool, look how cute his pimples are"

My theory:

They already started to get acne around 6th - 7th grade, so by the time they're a freshman in high school, they're firmly entrenched in acne-hood.

This is around the same time that real cliques and social structure starts to form as well. Since they're not attractive, due largely to the acne, they're left out. As a result, they turn inwards... concentrating more on studying and fantasy, since they can't find acceptance amongst their age group in the real world.

It then becomes a self-perpetuating cycle. They know they don't fit in, so they stop taking as good of care of their skin as they should. (This is as opposed to the 'beautiful' people, who live off of benzoyl peroxide, etc. , since they know that any acne could knock them out of their circle.)

Thus, it could be weakly-argued that acne actually causes the existence of nerds.

(just my opinion)

fogg88 said:
Thus, it could be weakly-argued that acne actually causes the existence of nerds.
Lots of good points. I think you summed it up pretty well, at least regarding the acne dynamic.

Top Bottom