x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

why does the face/scalp area burn so much sooner than the rest of your body?

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about why does the face/scalp area burn so much sooner than the rest of your body? within the Chat & Conversation category.

Excerpt: tanning season here started about 7 weeks ago, i have been slowly sneaking up on this year's tan....have a good base goin' on with tan lines appearing. :) still, i have to use spf 45 on my face and shaved scalp or i burn...no need from the neck on down. what IS it that makes the face/scalp burn so easily?

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

not a mentor

Question why does the face/scalp area burn so much sooner than the rest of your body?

tanning season here started about 7 weeks ago, i have been slowly sneaking up on this year's tan....have a good base goin' on with tan lines appearing.

still, i have to use spf 45 on my face and shaved scalp or i burn...no need from the neck on down.

what IS it that makes the face/scalp burn so easily?
    "no one bombs RNCH again!--need2getaas"

jerseyrugger76

Re: why does the face/scalp area burn so much sooner than the rest of your body?

Quote Quote posted by rnch
    tanning season here started about 7 weeks ago, i have been slowly sneaking up on this year's tan....have a good base goin' on with tan lines appearing.

still, i have to use spf 45 on my face and shaved scalp or i burn...no need from the neck on down.

what IS it that makes the face/scalp burn so easily?
    When you're standing up, it's closer to the sun.

Re: why does the face/scalp area burn so much sooner than the rest of your body?

the scalp is also very thin. The face generates alot of oil too, so that acts almost like a tanning oil. Less hair on the face too. When your body get's burned, it's almost always the back and shoulders where there's less hair to block that rays. Has anyone ever even got burned on their legs? I've never heard of it.