Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why does America make cares that can acceed 80mph?

big_bad_buff

I beleive the the highest speed limit in the states is like 75mph on some highways, so why still make cars that can double that speed? is it the obvious? no more ticket money rolling in?

i guess an engine with a top speed of 150mph will be more reliable and give better performance than an engine that has to work flat out to get 80mph

they could limit the engines maximum output i guess.....its a good question!

If all cars ran the same why buy a sports car. They can restrict them, which most already are. But then people would just remove governers and do modifications themselves. I believe the first point to be very important though, what would support our local law enforcement agencies if they had no reason to park on the side of the highways all day.

if an engine's all out top speed was 80- for example it would take forever to get up tp speed on the highways and on-rams woudl be incredibly dangerous

big_bad_buff said:
I beleive the the highest speed limit in the states is like 75mph on some highways, so why still make cars that can double that speed? is it the obvious? no more ticket money rolling in?

Because they are needed in Germany o authoband where there is no speed limit.

A fwe years ago, when I was in Germany, I
tried my best and reached 160 mph and I was frigging flying...awesome feel...

Re: Re: Why does America make cares that can acceed 80mph?

out_at_sea said:

Because they are needed in Germany o authoband where there is no speed limit.

A fwe years ago, when I was in Germany, I
tried my best and reached 160 mph and I was frigging flying...awesome feel...

Authoband in Germany is some scary shit..

Because people like the comfort that their car can go fast I suppose. Such as high-performance sports cars; very few people who buy them will ever try to reach 200 miles per hour, but it is a selling point to the buyers.

If cars weren't able to go faster than 80... then many car companies would go bankrupt... seriously. They wouldn't want the satisfaction of every american having to buy foreign cars.

Top Bottom