Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why do white people act like all blacks think the same?

KillahBee said:
actually, I understood it very well (even though I just looked back for a refresher and it was edited this morning...).
).

just spelling errors....I noticed there were several

KillahBee said:
My point is that you were making explanations (or excuses) as to why stereotypes exist, but you never mentioned that many stereotypes, at their root, come from truths.

No I wasnt excusing people tendency to stereotype, only offering one alternative explanation for why we all do it. And I did indirectly address the issue of some truth existing at the root of stereotype.....that's the generalization part I mentioned.

KillahBee said:
And I threw in that I have been stereotyped just for some background, and partly b/c I expected you to play the race card, as you have done in the past (which may not be a fair assessment on my part).

I dont think I've ever "played the race card", but I admit I never clearly understood what that was supposed to mean anyway. I've come to think it's a pretty vague phrase often used by people as kind of an "out" when they dont have the ability to flesh out their argument.

anya said:
I dont think I've ever "played the race card", but I admit I never clearly understood what that was supposed to mean anyway. I've come to think it's a pretty vague phrase often used by people as kind of an "out" when they dont have the ability to flesh out their argument.

IRL I'm probably the last one to play the race card. I just do it here to stir things up because so many people act like racism doesn't happen anymore.

Top Bottom