Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why do people who are out of shape think people in shape are weird?

VballPlayer

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone gets treated strangely at work for being in shape and working out a lot. My co-workers think I am weird because I eat properly and bring my blender to work so I can have my protein shakes during the day. They do not understand why I want to get in better shape than I already am. To them I am in great shape already and I am compared to them because they all eat donuts and drink sodas all day, but I want to be in better shape and be bigger and more ripped. They think my working out and eating properly is like the oddest thing…………….but then they always ask me for advice on how to lose weight and get more muscle. So, I guess I am not all that weird to them. I just find it funny how it is just normal for me to want to workout and eat right, while for most people they could care less. Who are the normal ones, they or we?

starfish said:
It's called denial :)

Yep. They use "weird" as a justitfication of their own laziness and fat asses. Which in truth, they probably in their own minds do seem "NORMAL" because the unfit greatly outnumber the fit in America. Since they are obese and unattractive and just flat out lazy, rather than say to themselves "you really need to do something about this fat" they instead just opt to look at better specimens as "weird".

Yo, mutha fucka!!! You gonna sign on??

I've been to both extremes, it's that the out of shape people don't have the desire to be in shape, like the in-shape people do!! Plus, being in-shape is like having another job, some people don't like to work at all. To each his own Bill Crosby!!!

They just get jealous because they wish they looked as good..
Working out does wonders.... just look at Texgrl's avatar, working out has done that body good.

I've put up with this with some of my family as well... I had an overweight cousin bring up that its just not normal to spend so much time and money getting bigger and stronger... Well my comment to him was "but you think it's normal to be an out of shape lard ass?" while slapping his fat stomach.... Oddly enough he nevedr brought it up again./.

Yes, I have been dealing with this for years too...
And with the different eating habits that we do!!!

I've gotten to the point now that I say yes I'm weird!!
Now I don't have to explain what all I do and what I eat.
Cause most people who ask; what do you eat, and etc.;
There not going to do it anyway.
So I don't have to waist my breath.. :)

I really enjoy being weird and different...;)

Last edited:
When I get hardcore into the lifestyle (usually in mid-winter, to cut up for summer) my friends think I've gone nuts. Try explaining a ketogenic diet to "normal" people. lol

I don't discuss steriods with my friends, as they generally view AAS as being worse than heroin. Shit, even stuff like protein powder freaks most people out.

Top Bottom