Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why do people thank God for good things, but not blame him for bad things?

frorider6

For example, ANY good thing in a Christians's life is attributed to the grace of god regardless of how hard the individual has worked. But as soon as someone comes down with cancer, then all they can say is that god is testing them, we can't understand god's plan or some other non-blameing thing. And even with cancer, people will still thank god for their other many blessings.

How can you give credit for the good but not blame for the bad?

I think it is well known that the blame does not lie on the good lord, but instead on the Dutch, midgets, and those fuckers the Somoans.

Follow me my sheep.

For when all is bad and you pray to me and I let you down, you will say "God has a plan for all and he must of needed to take that relative of mine."

The muslims have Allah. My God is in the form of a nuke ;)

While I welcome all posts, I would like to hear from someone who will try and explain this to me. During my search with the church, these were the questions that no one in my church could answer.

God let my face burn off.

God let my feet become webbed.

God forced demons into my head.

God didn't give me any money when I needed a new still.

God = Cheapskate

Let's all go and stab as many christians as possible.

"I knew god wouldnt let me get this job"

"I thought you didnt beleive in god?"

"i do for the bad stuff"

i'll tell you why people blame God for the bad. it's simple, they think he should always be there to protect everyone from harm. i'm here to tell you he's there but he does'nt always keep people from harm, disappointments, ect. it's called free will. someone chooses to stab someone it's just a consequence of free will. God did not allow that to happen it happend. it's hard to explain it where people(especially those who are looking for a reason to shun or bash God) to fully understand it. we will never come a fraction to understanding God. we understand somethings but the true nature we are not meant to understand. the 9/11 attacks are an example. people wanted to know where God was, he was there. why did he not stop the attacks. well i fully do not know but my assumption would be that he knew america needed a wake up call and he knew new york city could bare the scars better than any other city in the U.S. it was some sick freaks idea and free will to attack america, as a result we had a tremendous loss but we pulled together and are rebuilding a stronger nation, one that is now a little closer or at least a little more aware of God. to summarize it, people look to blame God as a quick fix or someone to point fingers at. he put things into motion and the world has a cycle to go through. people and their actions are apart of that cycle where they are good or bad. yes, he takes care of his own, so why don't athiest get some of the blessing believers do, well would you bless those who hate, curse and despise you? certainly not. he loves them but they are doing nothing to deserve his blessings. you can aks the same question to several people and get several answers. that's my take on things. i'm not trying to make God out to be one that turns his back on people, he has not done so, he blesses and watches out for those who call him Lord and King, for those who do not they are own their own for the most part. God is merciful and very generous but the antis will try their best to put everything back on him. one day you will see. trust me. fro, i hope i came somewhat close to answering your question if not email me and i wil try to put it another way as to where you can better understand it.

Latimer said:
Player from the losing team in the Superbowl: First and foremost, i'd like to take this time to blame Jesus for this loss.

I never got how players could think "God" cares. Like God is sitting there going: "Cover the spread, aw Me dammit!"

Or when whatever random rap star with 1 assault and battery and three acquaintance rapes under his belt thanks "God" for the grammy and the gold record. Weird.

Sorry to sidetrack the thread, Fro. It is a really interesting question.

Wasn't there a NY Times headline, "God is dead"? Like, after Hiroshima or something? I don't know... not thinking so good now. It's just: You want so desperately to believe that there is this kind of "Father" who is pure love. So when bad things happen, you don't blame him so much as wonder where he is, or if you've been "forsaken."

Like that cheesiest-ever poem, "Footprints"

You misunderstood my main point. People DO NOT blame god for bad things, things beyond the control of free will. Cancer would be the classic example. Why allow the mother of a good Christian family to get colon cancer and suffer for YEARS? If it is in his plan to remove the mother from the family, why not do it quickly? The family will say grace at dinner, thanking him for all their blessings, all while the most important woman in their lives is bed bound with a colostomy bag and pumped up on drugs so she'll stop screaming.

We'll just start with this.

Top Bottom