Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

who is good writing basic Excel scripts and stuff?

AAP

Plat Hero
Platinum
Here is what I have.

Spreadsheet with about 5000 records.

7 columns. They are :
FirstName Lastname Addresss City State Zip Hospital

Ok, here is the problem.

Some of the Firstnames are in a format like :

John

others are like :

Mr John

or

Mr. John
(with the . )

Females will have names like :

Sharon
Mrs Sharon
Mrs. Sharon
Ms Sharon
Ms. Sharon
Miss Sharon

What I want is to put a blank column on the sheet and for all records that have a salutation in the first name, for the script to extract that salutation and place it in the blank cell. If a record does not have a predetermined saluation (Mr Mr. Mrs Mrs. Ms Ms. etc..) then it is skipped.

Will pay K or $25 by paypal.

i'm working on it bro. you are either gonna have to use an 'IF' statement or 'LEFT' function. trying to get one of them to work competely

btw, this shit isn't any basic script. ass!

I'd like to think my bump made this all possible.

it at least helped some one attempt. i dunno if i can get exactly what he wants. i can get it to move the prefix over but then i can't get it to delete from original box. so it looks like

mrs. mrs. shanon

it at least helped some one attempt. i dunno if i can get exactly what he wants. i can get it to move the prefix over but then i can't get it to delete from original box. so it looks like

mrs. mrs. shanon

Actually if you could get it into it's own blank cell, I can then go highlight the Firstname Column and do a FIND/REPLACE and remove all the salutations (MR MRS MS, etc..)

Actually if you could get it into it's own blank cell, I can then go highlight the Firstname Column and do a FIND/REPLACE and remove all the salutations (MR MRS MS, etc..)

go and use the left function. first sort them from A - Z, then go to the blank colum before and put a 'left' function with how many spaces you want to pull to the left. it should be 4 spaces on all but mr and ms (the ones with no period) those will be three. since you have them sorted you can just pull down the 'left function'. make since?

Top Bottom