Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who buys organic foods?

Arabian

Elite Mentor
Platinum
I have started buying all organic foods ... and wondered who else practices this? I believe there is a correlation between the pesticides and preservatives used in the preparation of food and cancer disease etc:

There is no scientific papers that show that "correlation' at all. And if you have found any, then I'd be very interested to read them. Don't forget that correlation does not mean causation ;)

I only buy some organic fruits (the ones that would get sprayed a lot if they were conventional), but that is about it. Your risk of cancer and other diseases has more to do with your stress level, and your genes than buying organic food.

Buying everything organic is more of a fashion statement rather than a tangible health benefit.

stindard said:
There is no scientific papers that show that "correlation' at all. And if you have found any, then I'd be very interested to read them. Don't forget that correlation does not mean causation ;)

I only buy some organic fruits (the ones that would get sprayed a lot if they were conventional), but that is about it. Your risk of cancer and other diseases has more to do with your stress level, and your genes than buying organic food.

Buying everything organic is more of a fashion statement rather than a tangible health benefit.
I have always felt the same way until recently. Agent Orange which was used in Vietnam is a pesticide that was used for years. It has now been proven to cause cancer. The pesticides that are used on fruits, vegetables etc: are dangerous... Now lets consider meat , all cattle, chickens etc, they are given steroids and filler foods to fatten them up as quickly as possible to make money. The FDA will approve anything as long as the powers to be have nice contributions and campaign funds.

Yawn.

You try to string together a few unrelated incidents (Agent Orange in Vietnam) to somehow prove.. what point?

Do you have a link that says pesticides in your foods are causing cancer? Yes or no.

If you do then great, I'll read it. If you don't, then keep quiet.

stindard said:
Yawn.

You try to string together a few unrelated incidents (Agent Orange in Vietnam) to somehow prove.. what point?

Do you have a link that says pesticides in your foods are causing cancer? Yes or no.

If you do then great, I'll read it. If you don't, then keep quiet.
Im not going to debate a proven incident with you, because its obvious you have no idea what you are speaking of. You just want to be argumentative...

It is about being logical.

The reason you are not debating is because you have no proof or scientific papers that shows that pesticides in your food are causing cancer.

All you have going for you is your conspiracy theory with the FDA..which I am pretty sure you'll start talking how people on the FDA served on the boards of companies and blah blah blah more tinfoil crap.

I"ll repeat it: buying everything organic is more of a fashion statement than a tangible health benefit.

stindard said:
It is about being logical.

The reason you are not debating is because you have no proof or scientific papers that shows that pesticides in your food are causing cancer.

All you have going for you is your conspiracy theory with the FDA..which I am pretty sure you'll start talking how people on the FDA served on the boards of companies and blah blah blah more tinfoil crap.

I"ll repeat it: buying everything organic is more of a fashion statement than a tangible health benefit.
If I can live an extra minute by doing so, then so be it.. btw I have been on this board a long time and I dont need to make a fashion statement. I am merely asking for advice for a new venture I am trying.. I will admit that I have a friend who is has been buying organic foods for years and using detox methods and at first I thought he was eccentric however he is 68 and proved to me that he takes no medications or has high blood pressure , cholesterol problems etc: I appreciate your imput however I want to make my own evaluation about organic foods before calling it snake oil

I do when I can. Orgainic is getting more and more mainsteam where I shop. It's not like you have to go out of your way to shop at tree hugger places to buy organic.

Like the baby carrots I buy for my kids to snack on come in a huge feedbag from Costco. $3.50 for a big bag of peeled organic baby carrots. There's not even a choice of non-organic. Ya know? Same with our Soy Milk.

It's good to do when you can. I also try to stay away from farm raised salmon. I go for the wild caught stuff.

Organic is good!

curvymommy said:
I do when I can. Orgainic is getting more and more mainsteam where I shop. It's not like you have to go out of your way to shop at tree hugger places to buy organic.

Like the baby carrots I buy for my kids to snack on come in a huge feedbag from Costco. $3.50 for a big bag of peeled organic baby carrots. There's not even a choice of non-organic. Ya know? Same with our Soy Milk.

It's good to do when you can. I also try to stay away from farm raised salmon. I go for the wild caught stuff.

Organic is good![/QUOTe
Thanks.. you are extremly kind... have a wonderful weekend....

Top Bottom