Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

When you shake hands with a soul brother. Do you shake hands the white way or the sou

biteme

MVP
EF VIP
l brother way?

HumorMe said:
Regular handshake for me. I refuse the other way.
You must now work around or be around very many blacks? What happens if they refuse to shake hands your way? For me, it depends on the situation. It's just a cultural difference. If I don't think about it, I usually shake hands my way, if I remember that they probably shake hands like that, I do it their way. Funny thing happened tonight. I should hands the white way with a grocery store manager tonight and then he extended his hand again to shake hands the soul brother way. LOL. No problem.

biteme said:
You must now work around or be around very many blacks? What happens if they refuse to shake hands your way? For me, it depends on the situation. It's just a cultural difference. If I don't think about it, I usually shake hands my way, if I remember that they probably shake hands like that, I do it their way. Funny thing happened tonight. I shook hands the white way with a grocery store manager tonight and then he extended his hand again to shake hands the soul brother way. LOL. No problem.

Can you see that now?

Re: When you shake hands with a soul brother. Do you shake hands the white way or the

biteme said:
You must now work around or be around very many blacks? What happens if they refuse to shake hands your way? For me, it depends on the situation. It's just a cultural difference. If I don't think about it, I usually shake hands my way, if I remember that they probably shake hands like that, I do it their way. Funny thing happened tonight. I should hands the white way with a grocery store manager tonight and then he extended his hand again to shake hands the soul brother way. LOL. No problem.

Well actually I do work around them. I just don't like that kind of handshake. No real reason for me being like that. I just like a good firm handshake when I shake hands.

Sometimes it is awkward.

THe thing is, I don't want to offend blacks that don't shake hands the soul brother way. If you go to shake their hand the soul brother way and they are not into that, it might be offensive. Damn, life is complicated.

biteme said:
THe thing is, I don't want to offend blacks that don't shake hands the soul brother way. If you go to shake their hand the soul brother way and they are not into that, it might be offensive. Damn, life is complicated.

Damn this blackout shit sux. Where is Dialtone? I'd like to get his opinion.

biteme said:
Damn this blackout shit sux. Where is Dialtone? I'd like to get his opinion.

^

Most of the time I usually extend my hand first to shake hands. If the person tries to do a different shake I usually try and correct it before it ever gets any further.

Does that make sense? Thought it didn't...lol

Top Bottom