Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

When a program quits responding?

I am using ProShow Gold to make a DVD slide show from all of the usable pictures of my Saturday wedding that I photographed.

There are about 780 images...which seems to be hard to "digest".

It took so long that I went to sleep while the program was still ingesting the images since it was taking a few hours.

Now the program will not respond...even if I go to Task Manager and click "Switch To".

Ideas?

Probably not enough memory to handle that large a task....try shutting down all non-essential processes from the task manager, and also set the desired process to a much higher priority....

Have you processed that many images with the software before?

id dont know the program but 780 pics being loaded will take ALOT of memory. I would say try cutting the amoutn being loaded into 1/4ths. Ot buy more ram :) 1gig+ is always worth it

bullett said:
Probably not enough memory to handle that large a task....try shutting down all non-essential processes from the task manager, and also set the desired process to a much higher priority....

Have you processed that many images with the software before?

Thanks for the help. Would shutting down the internet/Elite make a real difference. It is nice to screw around here while the program does its work.

I'll check into making the process a higher priority. No idea right now.

No I have not and I suspect the job is a bit much. It easily handled 400 images a couple weeks ago.

I have 1 gb of memory.

Top Bottom