Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

whats the best way to improve Public Speaking without losing your mind?

-SD-

EXT ELITE ROB
Chairman Member
I had to speak in front of a big room full of people last week and it was fairly sraight forward and I even had a note card but I havent felt that comfortable in at least a decade or so. I want to be able to do that sort of thing more skillfully but cant think of a way to improve that doesnt involve maximum uncomfortableness or embarassment. Any one here shy or introverted but overcame all that to be able to speak well in front of crowds?

I used to totally shit myself before speeches, but eventually just stopped worrying about it. I did take a speech class, so that probably had something to do with it, but I also think I just got more used to it as I had to give more and more speeches. Plus I would see so many other people always freak out about it that I realized it really isn't a big deal and eventually stopped worrying. I actually came to enjoy it. Sometimes.

I'm not sure how to improve it though other then real time practicing. I usually just know what I'm presenting well, therefore I don't have to rely on reading it off notecards one by one, and can just talk about each point that I touch on. It's much easier to talk to a group of people than trying to remember a scripted speech.

For me it's having enough knowledge on the topic I'm yammering about.The only time I get anxious is if I may be asked something I don't know the answer to and I think about what it could be the whole time I'm speaking and it foks me up. Or I just pull my cak out and do the speech that way. Nobody pays attention to what I say if I do that.

you have to turn fear into positive energy or something like that.

Just make sure you know that almost every person out there is afraid of public speaking so unless you're comepletly breaking down and sweating waterfalls you should be doing just fine. Good start is the key for me, if you sound confident and smooth for first 30 seconds you should be just fine.

I am a GREAT public speaker. I can work up a crowd to frenzy.
There is a great book by Carnegie (Dale Carnegie, I think) that I read long time ago and found it very good.
My history: I initially used to memorize my speeches and practice them (in junior high).
Then I started ad libbing a little in addition to my memorized speeches.
I think practice, practice and practice is the best advise that I can think of.

whenever i have to speak in front of the class for a grade i forget half of what im gunna say cause im so nervous and i just say like 5 sentences then sit down and take my C

Top Bottom