x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

What sex is your brain?

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about What sex is your brain? within the Chat & Conversation category.

Excerpt: Let's blow the doors off the stereotyping of: 'all men/women are...'. To anyone with any basic scientific knowledge, it is not difficult to deduce this is impossible. Some of the latest and quite interesting gender research is that not only do you have a biological sex, you also have a gender which is more of a social/cultural construct, and that your brain may be sexed as well. Some researchers say that men can have 'women's brains' and that women can think more like men. *

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Fancy

Re: What sex is your brain?

Quote Quote posted by thandie View Post
    No, that's hormonal! LOL!

lol.

Quote Quote posted by Tatyana View Post
    I have always come to believe that being in the moment is more about situational awareness.

You wouldn't notice any emotions or thoughts in this state, it would be pure being.
    I guess we are confusing Emotion with Emotionality. Root vs. Rootlessness.

Pure Being would have the appearance of Tranquility, Nonattachment, but the best part or kicker is JOY.

Joy is an Emotion.

Emotionality... yeah that is being dependent on Time and the Situation in which is brought on Cause and Effect of Conditional existence.

Your Pure Being would be without emotionality... which I think is what you are associating emotion, semantically, with.
    I dunno.

Quote Quote posted by -Ariel- View Post
    I guess we are confusing Emotion with Emotionality. Root vs. Rootlessness.

Pure Being would have the appearance of Tranquility, Nonattachment, but the best part or kicker is JOY.

Joy is an Emotion.

Emotionality... yeah that is being dependent on Time and the Situation in which is brought on Cause and Effect of Conditional existence.

Your Pure Being would be without emotionality... which I think is what you are associating emotion, semantically, with.
    I dunno.
    +1
    Yes, you do know!
    The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reasons remaining ashore.

-Vincent Van Gogh

Quote Quote posted by cindylou View Post
    when you cry for no reason - thats annoying.

Makes you feel like emotions are fake and only hormonal
    Just because they're hormonally mediated doesn't make them fake, they're very real. It's like telling a schizophrenic their reality isn't real. To them it's absolutely real, it's just not what you happen to be experiencing.

It's kind of like PMS or 'roid rage, sometimes you have to force yourself to take a breath and accept that what you're feeling is real, but that hormones may be adding fuel to the fire. That you may need to think twice before you speak once (or sob once, whatever the case).
    Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them - that only creates sorrow.
    Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like. Lao Tzu

Quote Quote posted by musclemom View Post
    Just because they're hormonally mediated doesn't make them fake, they're very real. It's like telling a schizophrenic their reality isn't real. To them it's absolutely real, it's just not what you happen to be experiencing.

It's kind of like PMS or 'roid rage, sometimes you have to force yourself to take a breath and accept that what you're feeling is real, but that hormones may be adding fuel to the fire. That you may need to think twice before you speak once (or sob once, whatever the case).
    I have heard this so many times. I still have yet to learn.
    Restraint during these days would benefit all of us.

Those who talk, don't know... those who 'Know' Don't talk...
    MM, U know I'm in the first. I think this saying though also indicates, that those who 'Know' aren't so much keeping it a secret... they are just in the activity of doing...
    Pointing things out only freezes the dynamic of change.

Quote Quote posted by musclemom View Post

Defo.

Emotions are real. Real wiring through the amygdala and in a primitive part of the brain.

If you hold off for around ten seconds, it gives the frontal cortex, or the thinking/social part a chance.

Maybe not with the hormonal crying, but I find that identifying this with just hormonal crying and primitive wiring has me not look for an excuse or a person to blame it on.

It is perfectly logical.