Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what happend to rap?

D

DepressiveJuice

we have a new girl working here and thats all she listens to. only, it sounds like a hybrid of rap and mexican music. its awful. what happend to it?

De La Soul
Tribe Called Quest
Blackstar
Black Moon
Jeru
Group Home
Mobb Deep
GZA
RZA
Digable Planets
EPMD
Rakim
KRS
Pharcyde
Del
Souls of Mischief

Etc.

You got to go back to get the realness.

jerkbox said:
check out some canibus, really the only good shit out there these days...

Canibus, ha ha, man that guy is horrific bro, has the skills of helen keller, you kidding?

The rap culture is shit. It is nothing more than the primitive antics of third world tribes displaced in the west where access to guns and drugs is readily available. There is nothing funnier than seeing some wigger listening to rap music in his Honda civic.

Irie said:

Canibus, ha ha, man that guy is horrific bro, has the skills of helen keller, you kidding?

umm, right....yeah i guess anyone who can rap non-stop for 7 minutes must suck....

not to mention he is the only guy out there intelligent enough to come up with some shit that is actually original.

if you listen to more than one of his songs, you would realize how talented he is...

Re: Re: what happend to rap?

KillahBee said:

white people.

just kidding, by the way. It is actually unoriginal people (artists, record labels, and consumers) that have killed "rap". although, there is plenty of good rap/hip hop out there, just not on your mainstream media outlets. I have been listening to an underground hip hop station for probably the last 10 or 12 years that started out as a college station and they play some of the best rap/hip hop I have ever heard. artists that actually rap about things other than guns, money, and platinum jewelry. people like Sage Francis and Atmosphere. good shit.

Top Bottom