Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What do you do when a Thunder Storm

dont worry about it if you have a surge protector....if you dont you might want to un-plug your pc and monitor from the wall. just shutting it down wont help. if you have a surge just dont have anything important opened, like a word document your working on or the power might shut off and you'll lose it

big_bad_buff said:
dont worry about it if you have a surge protector....if you dont you might want to un-plug your pc and monitor from the wall. just shutting it down wont help. if you have a surge just dont have anything important opened, like a word document your working on or the power might shut off and you'll lose it
the only thing that protects ur puter from a direct lightening hit is
nothing.
I got my puter hit a cpl years ago, the lightening hit my doorbell, and my kids tv as well
the doorbell was smoking from the hit, knocked the button on the outside of the door off, it was scary crap
and i had a surge protector on my puter too. fried that baby
the only FOR SURE thing, is to unplug it
btw there are storm warnings and tornado watches here till 7 am......i hate storms and tornadoes
I was told by the electric company that i could buy 4 surge protectors for 100 bucks, it may be a good investment, scary crap i always undo my puter when it storms along with my tv and everything else that i think is important

big_bad_buff said:

I love people like you------ thats the reason i drive a vette, Next year i'm shopping for a Lambo! :)

SoKluless hit it on the head,nothing man made will stop a direct hit in access of millions of volts!
Its getting that time of year again, time to drink expensive wine & party!

Whoo Hoo! :laugh2:

RADAR

RADAR said:
I love people like you------ thats the reason i drive a vette, Next year i'm shopping for a Lambo! :)

SoKluless hit it on the head,nothing man made will stop a direct hit in access of millions of volts!
Its getting that time of year again, time to drink expensive wine & party!

Whoo Hoo! :laugh2:

RADAR

Did you get any bad weather tonight?

We had a tornado to come close..

Top Bottom