Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What is an Assault Weapon? Comparison: "Assault Weapons" vs. Other Firearms

marshallmadman said:
Yeah, I work for Springfield Armory. We aren't currently increasing production. We are, however, hoarding some assorted pre-ban magazines.

do you think other manufacturers are going to increase production and start putting more 'high cap' magazines out soon?

p0ink said:
what do you think on 'kit' guns? you know, building a weapon part by part?

i see lots of mp5 clones made from HK parts.

Pricey if you take brand name parts. And you'd still be screwed cause of the AWB and it's 16.5" barrel lenght rule. Take a look here: http://www.investmentgradefirearms.com/

They make MP5 clones at a reasonnable price (something like 1500$ compared to 8000$ for a Class III MP5). It's not H&K's quality but at least you get something cool.

Damn, Manny! I remember when we used to import MP5's, Uzi Pistols (both 9mm, and .45 cal), SAR-4800's, and SAR-8's (the real ones, not the crappy cast aluminum reciever pieces of shit everyone is selling for 400 bucks these days) If I would have been smart I woud have one of everything I just listed.
As for other manufacturers upping production, I haven't heard anything to back that theory up. In the past we have barreled up every M1A receiver that we had in stock, and waited for ATF to come in, and make the call as to whether or not those particular guns made it under the wire. When I was working for Armalite '95-'96, we had quite a selection of Pre-Ban AR-15 lower receivers that went for twice the price of Post-Ban receivers. Basically, all you have to do is have a serial number stamped before the pertinent date, and that serial numbered firearm is termed Pre-Ban.

I am what they call a Materials Controller. Whatever that is. I work within the realm of production/purchasing/inventory control. I work with vendors, movement of parts within the plant, and scheduling of manufacturing.

What gets me is that the "broomhandle" Mauser was invented in 1898. There is no essential difference between it and a Glock in capacity, speed to reload, or stopping power per cartridge (they're both available in 9mm).

Yet the broomie is an antique and technically should fall under the same law as a black-powder single-shot. (And in another seven years, so should the M1911, the .45 automatic.)

digger said:
What gets me is that the "broomhandle" Mauser was invented in 1898. There is no essential difference between it and a Glock in capacity, speed to reload, or stopping power per cartridge (they're both available in 9mm).

Yet the broomie is an antique and technically should fall under the same law as a black-powder single-shot. (And in another seven years, so should the M1911, the .45 automatic.)

I think (if your laws are the same as here) that an antique had to be produced before 1898 (not only invented) and had to be chambered for a claiber not commonly available.

Best example I have would be a Martini-Henry .455-570

Top Bottom