Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Well, I am down to 218

actually if you do every thread, thien I think it's funny.

While you are taking pics, hoist up the hindi hawtie in mac's thread.

do you think your hernia was from lifting?

Mine was. I did 590 on squats on Friday, did 490 deadlift on Monday, and when I was sitting down to read I noticed a little bulge and I was like "this was not here last week." I am sure it was the deadlifting.

The two weeks prior to the injury my abs were very tight which was unusual. Mine was congenital though. I had hernia surgery when I was a baby and there were minor holes found when they did the initial surgery. The doc thinks that over time they grew bigger and the deadlifting was the final act that tore it open.

Mine was. I did 590 on squats on Friday, did 490 deadlift on Monday, and when I was sitting down to read I noticed a little bulge and I was like "this was not here last week." I am sure it was the deadlifting.

The two weeks prior to the injury my abs were very tight which was unusual. Mine was congenital though. I had hernia surgery when I was a baby and there were minor holes found when they did the initial surgery. The doc thinks that over time they grew bigger and the deadlifting was the final act that tore it open.

from my understanding, hernias are practically genetic. youre born with a weakness in the abdominal wall due to the insertion of the fibers in the groin not being "sewn" as tight as possible. from here, its a matter of time regardless of conditions. this is what my chiropractor explained to me.

phuck i had a hernia surgery when i was pretty young. how old were you when you got the deadlifting one?

My hernia was an umbilical (2 of them) which I got from squatting heavy over time. I wore a belt religously, but eventually it got me. Tonight I got back up with heavy legs and an hour of cardio. I think the biggest thing is the fear factor of not being where you remember you were and also of getting hurt again. Just takes time, but will get there eventually.

phuck i had a hernia surgery when i was pretty young. how old were you when you got the deadlifting one?

In my mid 30's. I didn't start powerlifting until I was in my early 30's.

The one I had when I was a baby was an umbilical hernia. It is normal for babies to get them. My daughter had one. 99% of them heal on their own (her's did) I needed surgery when I was a baby.

The hernia I got from lifting was above the belly button, a hiatal hernia. Very rare for men. Women get them from pregnancy. My doc said there were three tears present when he opened me. He fucked up by not sticking in a patch big enough. Over time it moved from lifting. I had to get a second surgery to remove it, fix my intestines, and now I have a huge patch and a nice 8 inch scar. 90% of the people who get the second surgery have complications. I paid big $$$ but I got one of the best surgeons up at UNC to do it. He used to do organ repair. I had zero complications after the surgery (knock on wood) and my intestines were repaired without having to remove any of it. I got damn luck plus I owe my doc my life. I was in the gym 5 weeks after getting out of the hospital lifting. Amazing.

I have been slow hitting the heavy weights though. I will never try to deadlift heavy again. I can do squats fine with no pain. Some ab movements and pullups (causes the abs to stretch) causes minor pulling in one area so I take it easy on those movements.

The doc said there is no way in hell I can get an umbillical or hiatal hernia again because of the patch - it covers the entire region. I could get one down in the groin just like any normal person but I've been to hell and back with the surgeries and I'm not a pro - I work out for the enjoyment of it so screw trying to break my record in the deadlift lol

Top Bottom