Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weak sounding MP3s?

AAP

Plat Hero
Platinum
Why are the MP3s I make so weak sounding? The digits on the car radio go up to 38. When listening to the radio or a store bought CD, I can put it on 14 and it will literally be thumping around. If I burn some songs from my computer to a CD, I have to turn it up to like 32 just to barely hear it.

WTF?

GOD and ASCAP are punishing you for listening to Illegally pilfered music...

Support musicians by purchasing overpriced music on CD's from you local retailer.

thanks.

What are you using to burn them with? Also, are these CDs that you're ripping the songs off of yourself and then reburning, or is it stuff that you're downloading?

If you're using winmedia to rip and burn, you can adjust the settings of the rip and burn to get a bit higher quality. If you are using winmedia, I'll tell you where the settings are. If not, you're going to have to check the program you're using.

My guesses as to the problem as one of these or a combo ..

Ripping or Downloading media at less than 192KBPS
Using some crap free/shareware software to rip/burn
Using supercrap blank media CD's
CD player not fully compatable with the type CDR's and MP3 .

I do notice a SLIGHT volume difference between burned and bought
CD's due to the Full CD WAV vs Burned MP3/WMA formats with the storebought CD's being a bit louder. But it isn't as great of a difference as you mention.

Y_lifter said:
My guesses as to the problem as one of these or a combo ..

Ripping or Downloading media at less than 192KBPS
Using some crap free/shareware software to rip/burn
Using supercrap blank media CD's
CD player not fully compatable with the type CDR's and MP3 .

I do notice a SLIGHT volume difference between burned and bought
CD's due to the Full CD WAV vs Burned MP3/WMA formats with the storebought CD's being a bit louder. But it isn't as great of a difference as you mention.

I've seen a variety of volume levels between CDs. Some store bought CDs that I have from 10 years ago aren't quite as loud as some burnt CDs that I have.

I don't like winmedia for burning. If you have songs that run together and are only separated by the track number, there's a noticable "gap" between the songs. I've been using Nero and I can remove the 2 seconds between tracks so there's just a hair second of gap between tracks. Kind of necessary when I'm burning Live albums and has also been necessary on a few that one track leads into the next.

y-lifters 1 through 3 reasons are pretty good. damn, he must know me by now.

I download them of shareaze and then I use Roxy CD maker (came bundled with the CD burner) to burn them.

Its the encoding software that is being used.

And the BEST encoding software is FREE. Do not be fooled.
The best encoding options are VBR - you can get an mp3 smaller in size than a normal 192kbps and have it sound better.

EAC - exact audio copy
lame - codec which it will encode mp3s

with this software you can encode at 128kbps and not notice a difference between CD quality.

Y_lifter said:
And you buy your blank CDR's from Office Max in 100 spindles
where they are free with rebate ? :)

Yes. (no joke, I do)

UA_Iron said:
Its the encoding software that is being used.

And the BEST encoding software is FREE. Do not be fooled.
The best encoding options are VBR - you can get an mp3 smaller in size than a normal 192kbps and have it sound better.

EAC - exact audio copy
lame - codec which it will encode mp3s

with this software you can encode at 128kbps and not notice a difference between CD quality.

bro, gimme a link to that free software.

Top Bottom