Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The way to stop discrimination on the basis of race is to stop discriminating on the basis of race

Hengst

The Supreme Court rules that race can no longer be used in school admission policies.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationw...ory?coll=la-headlines-nation&track=crosspromo

In a decision that may herald a new era in the long struggle over racial integration in public education, the Supreme Court declared Thursday that officials may not use race to assign children to schools, even if the goal is greater diversity....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...6/28/AR2007062800896.html?nav=hcmodule&sub=AR

This WP article also has a comments section that is really interesting.

Re: The way to stop discrimination on the basis of race is to stop discriminating on

If Johnny runs farther faster than Billy because Johnny was given a head start the way to even them out without restarting the race is to either:

- make Johnny slow down until Billy catches up or
- artificially make Billy run faster

Either method is unfair to Johnny but THERE IS NO OTHER FUCKING WAY. The end.

Last edited:
i never knew they did that. then why was i put in a school that was 80% black?????

Re: The way to stop discrimination on the basis of race is to stop discriminating on

bigmann245 said:
i never knew they did that. then why was i put in a school that was 80% black?????
mine was ove=r 90% minority.

bigmann245 said:

In Seattle, the 46,000-student district has suspended since 2002 its “racial tiebreaker” policy. Seattle schools have an “open choice” policy that allows students to attend any school. Race was allowed to be used as one criterion for admission when demand outpaced capacity. But when White children were denied admission to Ballard High School in favor of minority students who lived further away, angry parents formed a group called “Parents Involved in Community Schools.” The group argues that considering race is a violation of the Constitution, the federal Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the voter-approved Initiative 200, a state law forbidding preferential treatment on the basis of race, ethnicity or gender.
It was actually a pretty decent idea, as far as these types of plans go. Of course nobody wants to be the one that suffers and those parents decided to sue.

If I have a child I am doing what ever it takes to get them in a good school system.
If that means working two jobs to afford a shit hole in that town I am doing it.
Here is the big thing.
If my kid does not work their ass off to get superior grades I am going to beat their ass like there is no tomorrow.
That is how you get a good education!
I am pretty sure anyone here in their mid 30's or older knows exactly what I am talking about.

The best way to stop discrimination on the basis of race would be for minorities (and white trash) to stop saying/doing stuff that justifies it.

Top Bottom