Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Watching a program on the cult Heavens Gate!!

Arabian

Elite Mentor
Platinum
This is about the cult that was in San Diego I believe, that had a mass suicide of 37 people to coincide with an astroid comet.... Weird as HE(&^ Whats wrong with people.. Most of the males had been surgical castrated and there leader was Marshall Applewhite... Weirdos.....

Arabian said:
This is about the cult that was in San Diego I believe, that had a mass suicide of 37 people to coincide with an astroid comet.... Weird as HE(&^ Whats wrong with people.. Most of the males had been surgical castrated and there leader was Marshall Applewhite... Weirdos.....
Thats nothing, I had an old academic advisor my first year in grad school who was a nuclear physicist and followed the cult leader Adi Da who owns his own island in Fiji, has 5 million, and 9 wives... of all the atrocities Adi Da committed other than all the verbal, emotional, mental abuse... I did a paper on him, he would have these group sessions and in order to treat one of his followers who was sexually abused as a child, he had her blow 3 guys in a row in front of everybody and then he proceeded to have sex with her. 10 years later, which is now, she's still hasn't gotten over this... man some cult leaders know innately what type of people to prey on its like an innate relationship... devotee who wants to take no responsibility in life and cult leader... I did a paper on cults my first year in grad school. The phenomenon is called cognitive dissonance... very powerful stuff to break once the person's belief is entrenched.

Arabian said:

Don't drink the punch...it's tainted!

i was obsessed with the heavens gate cult.
Not in a "i want to join way", but in a "WTF was wrong with those people?" way.

Cults are simply amazing. It shows how easily humans can be conditioned. Even smart ones. That doomsday cult that had psychology professor a while back was a real kicker. Pwned x10 and they should have known better.

stilleto said:
i was obsessed with the heavens gate cult.
Not in a "i want to join way", but in a "WTF was wrong with those people?" way.
I agree Stilleto, in this day and time , there is so much help out there for emotional problems its very sad that this occurs.

Top Bottom