Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Vegan Couple nearly murders their child with Veggie Diet!

A

ajtomasi

A jury in Kew Gardens, N.Y. convicted a vegan couple of nearly starving their baby to death with a strict diet that the prosecutor described as "a path to hell."

Joseph and Silva Swinton, both 32, were found guilty in Queens Supreme Court of assault, reckless endangerment and endangering the welfare of a child.

The couple fed their toddler daughter, Ice, a homemade soy bean and herb infant formula that left the little girl with the appearance of a Third World famine victim and the developmental abilities of a newborn. At 15 months, Ice had no teeth and could not sit up, crawl or walk.

The Swintons will face up to 25 years in prison when sentenced at a later date by Judge Richard Buchter.

With their verdict, which came after two days of deliberations, the jury rejected arguments of the Swintons' attorneys, who said the couple wanted only the best for their baby and did not realize the harm the diet was causing her.

The felony assault and reckless endangerment convictions indicate the panel found the couple acted with "depraved indifference," or recklessness "so wanton" that it is equivalent to purposefully starving Ice. If the jury had found the Swintons simply reckless, they could have convicted them on misdemeanor charges that carry no mandatory jail time.

Assistant District Attorney Eric Rosenbaum said the pair treated their daughter "like a gerbil" and called the diet "a grotesque science project." He argued that the couple were well aware that their daughter was sick and showed "willfull blindness" to the problems.

"A 15-month-old child who cannot walk, cannot stand and cannot crawl — that tells you that something is very, very wrong," Rosenbaum told the jury during closing arguments.

All the panelists had experience caring for small children. None are vegetarians.

The girl, who will celebrate her third birthday in July, and her baby brother, Ini, born after the Swintons' arrests, now live with relatives of the couple. (Court papers spell the girl's name Ice, although the parents have spelled it Iice.)

The testimony of Silva Swinton was the three-week trial's dramatic highpoint and may have ultimately proved harmful to her defense. She told jurors that Ice "was thriving" on the vegan diet and suggested that it was hospitalizations and medical care ordered by social services that had made her daughter sick.

Vegan Murderers

i wonder what the mental effcets will be on the child, hopefully it has the ability to catch up over the next few years

i think they need to establish whthere at any point the parents knew their child was at risk (i.e. if nutritionists ior dieticians/Dr's told them).

if they HONESTLY didnt know why their child was so ill and went to see doctors when obvious problems were seen then this seems harsh

if they didn;t.......they're gonna get what they deserve

I have a friend who os a strict vegan. The poor girl looks like she's going to die of malnutrition. I suppose that's her call though-- but she feeds her cats some sort of vegan soy-based cat food. I think that's just fucked up.

What a pair of stupid imbeciles, everyone knows babies are supposed to be in a complete nutrient dense bulking cycle until at least 40 months, where after that cutting is much more apropos. With any regard I believe that self-determining an infants dietary guidelines based on retarded personal beliefs is wrong, and hence I agree with the kayne verdict.

With their verdict, which came after two days of deliberations, the jury rejected arguments of the Swintons' attorneys, who said the couple wanted only the best for their baby and did not realize the harm the diet was causing her.
:confused: I guess they couldn't tell that she was malnourished and not teething...That is definitely f^cked up.

friends of mine (they are from india) are strict vegetarians, because it is part of their religion, and none of them are dying from malnutrition, but that's because they arent fucking retarded vegans.

indian food is fucking great. it isnt isnt the boring steamed vegetables that we eat here; it is this really spicy and tasty vegetables mixed in with TONS of different spices. they also put in this homemade cheese, that they add to pretty much every meal, for extra protein.

indian potatoes with chutney are to die for. straight up. i will post up the recipe if any of you fucking ingrates are interested (i never got any comments on the other shit i posted).

but yeah, these people and pretty much every other vegan should be shot.

If we werent meant to eat animals, they wouldnt be made out of meat..

Top Bottom