Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

U guys right, ive got w32.blaster.worm whats quarantine? thanks!

rsnoble

Fucking horseshit! I was wrong. You have to understand, ive had both my gateway and Dell accused of having viruses at least 10 times in the past 6 years, and never once did they have one! This is the first.

I had to update Norton, click on 10,000 buttons, do some firewall shit thing, and now im completely fucking crosseyed.

However..........a shortcut has popped up on my desktop saying w32.blaster.worm succesfully removed! So I guess I did something right. My eyes hurt.

Question: Originally I was only able to quarantine the virus. Does that mean it will stay contained, or is that just a temporary deal until you can get it fixed? Norton wasn't able to fix it, and I used the internet search and stumbled upon a fix tool from microsoft and supposedly now my computer is Aids free.

make sure you download the patch from the microsoft site or another virus that uses the same vulnerability will be able to infect your computer.

I prefer the option to delete if it can't be cleaned. There's no point in quarantineing unless you need to recover the file, which you probably don't.

A lot of times the bad file/virus/worm/script kiddie ejaculate etc. will be caught by the AV software but can't be deleted. So, it 'quarantines' it so it can't affect your hard drive anymore. It will remain in Qaurantine indefinitely most likely. No problem though. Sometimes the software won't delete the offensive file because some viruses have code that executes when you try to delete the original file. I'm not saying that's the only reason by the way.

Congrats on getting it fixed and as long as you keep up with all your updates and don't open unknown email attachments(or any attachments with strange extensions), you should be in the clear.

G'day

Paulo

Top Bottom