Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

TRAINING FOR 25k

Lucy01

Got recruited on team for an ultra marathon (100km) run next month.

I chose a 25k leg because it seemed to have the most variety and I wanted the experience.

ebe19c0d5cce729296076111462f6ff8.jpg

The most I've ran is about 13k so I've been training for a few weeks already for this.

Was advised to get some gel pacs like this http://www.cranksports.com[/QUOTE][/URL]

to help sustain my energy through my long distance runs.

Also was told to drink plenty of water the week leading up to the run.

Any other advice for this rookie?

The health food store didn't have the gel packs but the lady said she uses these. They tasted delicious but I'm not sure how effective they were.
0ae1fff2a54dae294fa464934a35292f.jpg

Did a 15k run and 3k walk today. Hoping to do a 17k run next week.

Forgot my dry wear socks tho and got some nasty blisters.

Didn't quiet make my 20k run on Friday. The last big training run before the race. My hip was really hurting so I forced myself to stop to avoid injury. I am proud of what I did do tho.
7c31147d2568a9e66eb232cfa98b538f.jpg

Ran nearly 19k.

Got some advice to work on stretching and strengthening my piriformis by practising the pigeon pose.

Was supposed to run the 5k charity race with my son today. Decided to bike it with him instead. My hip isn't as tender as it was yesterday but it's not worth aggravating it some more with it being so close to race day.

My son finished the 5k in third place. Only 2 other cyclist finished ahead of him. Super proud of my boy. :D

Top Bottom