Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Today in the gym

SteveMobsterG

EF Logger
Today in the gym... stuff that happened, things you saw, info you passed on or learned.

Today, Friday, I went to the gym to do shoulders, arms and forearms as per. Almost immediately I was grabbed by a buddy and he gives me a free t-shirt. He's had an idea about producing a brand around the concept of an Iron Circle. So we, together with a female member, we sent some time shooting photos to see if we could come up with something to push the brand.

Kayleigh, the female member, produces a local brand of real ice-cream every (as in cream etc not skimmed milk powder) 500ml serving of which has the equivalent of 2 shots of hooch in. Good for you? Heck no. But damn tasty!! She tells me she's creating a protein version (no hooch) for the gym to sell. Also I was asked if I'd be interested in spending an evening at a pop-up shop promoting it and split the profits. Hell just pay me in product ha ha!!

And I only went in to workout...

No worries mate on that. I can tell you , about my gym experience. It's like this. My Psychiatrists secretary phones up the other day, and said, Charles, the Doc hasn't seen you in a couple of months, and he wanted me to ask you if you are ok, you know how you getting along.
Well , I said, never open with a deep subject and all, Just the same I did, and I told her to tell he good doctor that I have been busy in the gym getting a lot of weight off my chest, and everything is working out on it's own. Then I added, lets make an appointment for next month early afternoon. That way I can get in a couple of lifts, and then pay a visit. I will bring him up to date on that.
Ciao.

Today in the gym... So in about 20 minutes or so I'll do a little grip training. One lesson I've coached others I've worked with is to lose the whole 7-day / 1 week training protocol if need be.

What often happens is we tie ourselves into doing all the workouts we think we need into the 7 day week. The question is why? Right now I do. But when I've a competition coming up I'll workout (if I'm gonna cycle it's also important to consider) how many weeks then how many days I have to go.

Let's say its 8 weeks. That's 56 days. That's 56 chances to train, feed and recover. Some parts of my training need 2 days some parts 1 day to recover from. I'll write out the lifts, days needed and then space it all out. If my gear and food are good then I'm good. Say 1 lift needs 5 days then I'll train it twice in 10 days as opposed to 1 every seven because that makes no sense.

Often the only reason we stick with 7 days is cos that's a working week. Nothing else - just that. But that's not how our bodes work.

Today in the gym (Tuesday): so 'can you do the minutes to a dismissal meeting'... err sure. But he wants to do it at 7.30am. So apparently I agreed to a 6.30am breakfast meeting beforehand. There goes my lie in!!

It was a leg session too. So the leg press went to 650kg, the Power Squat Machine 390kg and, as per, I added weights to the stacks of the seated leg curl and leg extension. Then, in a grip and forearm blast, wrist roller work.

Today in the gym (Wednesday): Coaching Lisa (two others failed to turn up... and exhale...). Lots of singles. My knackered left shoulder has meant no heavy benching for a year and so I was happy with the relatively low 130kg/264lbs. In the middle or deadlifts (double over hand and thumbless on a 2-inch thick bar to 185-kilos) and adjustable thick bar (one hand to an attempt with 158kg) the owner calls me over and the next thing I'm eating a Chinese spring roll. As you do when you're in the gym.

Tomorrows meeting is now 6.15am. Hot damn!!

On the lifts: the last cycle of training at this level was 'on'. So it's nice to be 'off' and still pushing these weights.

Chatting with one fella on the mental aspect of lifting. So often I can see, when I'm coaching, if the lifter is 'ready' or not mentally just by looking. Often I'll have them step away, wait 2 minutes, then step back up and make the lift.

Ran on the treadmill 10 minutes. Worked shoulders, back, triceps. Jumped rope for 5 rounds. Took 5 minute break. Punched heavy bag for 10 minutes. Worked legs, abs, neck. 5 minutes on stair climber. Stretched. Hauled ass

Top Bottom