Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is it time for the entertainment industry to pay its fair share?

And yes, it's difficult to move between the classes in Canada.

Now there's the ole Cpt sweeping generalizations!! Good to have you back mate. :biggrin:

seriously, you just told a hardworking self made canadian citizen that you know more about socio economic upward mobility in canada than she does. You might wanna walk that one back. But don't ever totally put cpt generalization to sleep entirely. So in the spirit of his triumphant return to EF chat, I feel it appropriate to make my own sweeping generalization....canadians could care less about moving between classes cause they're too busy watching that stupid game where that thingie slides around on some ice and a bunch of bar brawlers in pads/skates are chasing it around with the nebulous intention of scoring....when they're really just trolling for their next boxing match.

Last edited:
Human beings are naturally prone to violence with or without media's help though.

yes we are, mass killings have been going on for a long time. but i do believe the media(tv, movies, games)has played a large part in the increase in kids perpetrating violence. so i believe they have accountability here and that leads to a responsibility.

Human beings are naturally prone to violence

butt we're getting better :)

Steven Pinker: Why Violence Is Vanishing - WSJ.com

• The world of the past was much worse. Violence has been in decline for thousands of years, and today we may be living in the most peaceable era in the existence of our species.
  • There will always be enough violent deaths to fill the evening news, so people's impressions of violence will be disconnected from its actual likelihood.

Now there's the ole Cpt sweeping generalizations!! Good to have you back mate. :biggrin:

seriously, you just told a hardworking self made canadian citizen that you know more about socio economic upward mobility in canada than she does. You might wanna walk that one back. But don't ever totally put cpt generalization to sleep entirely. So in the spirit of his triumphant return to EF chat, I feel it appropriate to make my own sweeping generalization....canadians could care less about moving between classes cause they're too busy watching that stupid game where that thingie slides around on some ice and a bunch of bar brawlers in pads/skates are chasing it around with the nebulous intention of scoring....when they're really just trolling for their next boxing match.

Do Canadians receive training in the correct use of common expressions?

Mass killings peaked in the United States in 1929 and gun violence has been declining for over a decade.

Are Mass Shootings Becoming More Common in the United States? - Hit & Run : Reason.com

"There is no pattern, there is no increase," says criminologist James Allen Fox of Boston's Northeastern University, who has been studying the subject since the 1980s, spurred by a rash of mass shootings in post offices.

The random mass shootings that get the most media attention are the rarest, Fox says. Most people who die of bullet wounds knew the identity of their killer....

Grant Duwe, a criminologist with the Minnesota Department of Corrections who has written a history of mass murders in America, said that while mass shootings rose between the 1960s and the 1990s, they actually dropped in the 2000s. And mass killings actually reached their peak in 1929, according to his data. He estimates that there were 32 in the 1980s, 42 in the 1990s and 26 in the first decade of the century.

Yes cause a mental health registry invades ones civil liberties so much less than gun control I'd like to kick every NRA member in the nuts in hopes that they would develop a true sense of pain and logic.

FYI in Canada we had to dig back 40 fucking years to find our last school mass shooting in the GTA thank you gun control.

Google Quebec Biker War, I watched a documentary about it. They were using military arms and explosives in that shit; Gun control works! :)

butt we're getting better :)

Steven Pinker: Why Violence Is Vanishing - WSJ.com

• The world of the past was much worse. Violence has been in decline for thousands of years, and today we may be living in the most peaceable era in the existence of our species.
  • There will always be enough violent deaths to fill the evening news, so people's impressions of violence will be disconnected from its actual likelihood.
Walter Block addressed Pinker's book...

Yes cause a mental health registry invades ones civil liberties so much less than gun control I'd like to kick every NRA member in the nuts in hopes that they would develop a true sense of pain and logic.

FYI in Canada we had to dig back 40 fucking years to find our last school mass shooting in the GTA thank you gun control.

Explain me... :)

Top Bottom