Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Thinking about switching to MAC. Any MAC users in the house?

Big Rick Rock

istrator
How is your experience using a MAC?

I'm mainly interested in access. Basically being able to do everything and not have to worry about compatability issues. I need to be 100% EI compatible, its the only browser that gets into cetain parts of the site.

How do you feel in this PC world?

-BRR

I'm an Information Systems admin for a network of about 75 macs.

The Mac OS X operating system is by far more elegant, and more pleasant of an experience than WinXP. I have both at home. I use both frequently but I have always favored the Mac. No viruses, no spam, no hassles. You may pay a little more up front but it's worth it. The Safari web browser has matured alot since it's inception. I can't guarantee you that 100% of the sites that you visit will work but I would say that I have little problems with Safari. If Safari on the Mac doesn't work, try Firefox.

BigCowboy2005 said:
I'm an Information Systems admin for a network of about 75 macs.

The Mac OS X operating system is by far more elegant, and more pleasant of an experience than WinXP. I have both at home. I use both frequently but I have always favored the Mac. No viruses, no spam, no hassles. You may pay a little more up front but it's worth it. The Safari web browser has matured alot since it's inception. I can't guarantee you that 100% of the sites that you visit will work but I would say that I have little problems with Safari. If Safari on the Mac doesn't work, try Firefox.

What about softaware upgrades for them? How complete is the OS for them?

I was looking at the MAC site and it looks like the OS already cme with everything video editing to graphic design... I have to spend a bundle to put software into every new PC I buy.

-BRR

I have a powerbook G4, have had it for a couple years and have never looked back. I run OS X and use both Safari and Explorer with no problems EVER. I'm happy I made the switch, I'll never go back to a PC.

macrophage69alpha said:
you might find this article relevant....

http://news.com.com/2100-1045_3-1017126.html

As long as FireFox keeps their MAC version current up to date, I think I will be alright. I would not mind divorcing Bill for good. Mozilla is so much better than EI right now.

-BRR

Firefox and Opera are each maintained up-to-date on the Mac. I rarely use IE at all any more and can't recall when I last needed to launch it. I switched to macs a couple of years ago. The adage "it just works" is very true.

I can connect to Windows networks and share my own directories to Windows users.

The Mac comes with a lot of productivity software already installed and part of the package and the OS is kept current with frequent upgrades to the software, both enhancements and patches. There is a small learning curve to the Unix / Linux way of looking at your hard-drives but it's quckly done with, there's no such thing as "Drive C", for example.

Big Rick Rock said:
How is your experience using a MAC?

I'm mainly interested in access. Basically being able to do everything and not have to worry about compatability issues. I need to be 100% EI compatible, its the only browser that gets into cetain parts of the site.

How do you feel in this PC world?

-BRR

I own a MAC. Just bought it about 6 weeks ago. I have no issues accessing Elite Fitness with my MAC, but I have had issues making online CC payments because the secure CC site was not compatible with Safari.

I do digital video/music editing so that's why I switched to a MAC.

BigRupe said:
I own a MAC. Just bought it about 6 weeks ago. I have no issues accessing Elite Fitness with my MAC, but I have had issues making online CC payments because the secure CC site was not compatible with Safari.

I do digital video/music editing so that's why I switched to a MAC.

I use IE for loading ebay photos and web design previews w/ dreamweaver. Godaddy used to be a problem w/ safari but no longer an issue, works fine.

Top Bottom