Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Are there any memorials to Polish people?

Lao Tzu

To me it seems the Poles were victimized harder than the Jews in WW 2. The polish people lost 6 million people in WW 2 (3 million jews. half the jews killed by hitler were Polish) while hitler tried to turn Poland into a big slave labor camp for Germany's grandeur.

However, even though both the polish people and the jews (the 2 groups overlap) both lost 6 million people the Jews at least got israel out of it and world sympathy. The Poles were re-conquered by a dictator just as bad and spent the next 45 years in another form of slavery to the USSR. The jews got fucked but at least after the war they were able to travel to Israel or the US and live in relative peace but the polish people were just re-raped by the soviets after the nazis were done.

Are there any memorials to the Polish people the same way the jews get memorials? It seems unfair to just ignore the suffering of the Poles.

also keep in mind at least the jews were given a warning ahead of time and an opportunity to escape. many jewish people left germany voluntarily before the severe pograms began and the Nazis tried deporting jewish people before they started killing them (nobody would take them) however the Polish peopel were not given any attempts to flee before the slavery began.

I would bet the Poles definitely have some memorials, at least in Poland.

Nobody hears about their plight because they don't whine so much about it. Same with the Gypsies, Catholic priests and nuns, and a few other groups who were arrested and killed.

don't forget the homocaust..one jewish book about the holocaust had one 13 word sentence in it about the rounding up of homosexuals during the nazi era..13 words..probably had a paragraph about the Poles..its my understanding too that non-jewish survivors of the death camps are shunned at reuions..this internet thingy is starting to set the record straight for anyone who cares to look.....

oh and ftr,my family owns a cemetery and we have a veteran's section..this year when I reordered flags I got the usual armed services batch and the British,Australian and Polish flags..thanks to Poland for their support now and earlier this year

4everhung said:
don't forget the homocaust..one jewish book about the holocaust had one 13 word sentence in it about the rounding up of homosexuals during the nazi era..13 words..probably had a paragraph about the Poles..its my understanding too that non-jewish survivors of the death camps are shunned at reuions..this internet thingy is starting to set the record straight for anyone who cares to look.....

The persecution of gays during WW2 is very over-hyped. The actual number of homosexuals sent to death camps in contrast to those within the population is very small. Although I would not want to be gay and in a German-occupied country during the second world war, it was certainly no death sentence. Homosexuality became a great reason get rid of eneimies within the nazi party, however, it is widely believed that quite a few high ranking nazis were at least bisexual.

DeepZenPill said:

Nobody hears about their plight because they don't whine so much about it. Same with the Gypsies, Catholic priests and nuns, and a few other groups who were arrested and killed.

yep. only jews and blacks complain about the past. maybe one day they'll start looking forward instead of backward

roughly from memory I think the figure is 100,000..you're right no big deal

DepressiveJuice said:

yep. only jews and blacks complain about the past. maybe one day they'll start looking forward instead of backward

Not as long as the government is handing out free cash to the group that cries the loudest.

Top Bottom