Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Test and Pregnancy

humble

Hi. I am humbles wife. He is at work and I have a huge question to ask. I have been on a low dose of test-e for about a year now. All of a sudden within the last four months i have just completely stopped having a "monthly" cycle. Does anyone know what would happen if I were pregnant and I have this in my system. I can't obviously ask my dr. or family because no one knows other than my hubby. I am worried that I might be preg and I would like to know how harmful this would be for the baby. I am not worried about myself as much as I am about harming a little one. Thank you for your answers!!

and in women who are or may become pregnant. When administered to pregnant women, androgens cause virilization of the external genitalia of the female fetus. This virilization includes clitoromegaly, abnormal vaginal development and fusion of genital folds to form a scrotal-like structure. The degree of masculinization is related to the amount of drug given and the age of the fetus and is most likely to occur in the female fetus when the drugs are given in the first trimester. If the patient becomes pregnant while taking androgens, she should be apprised of the potential hazard to the fetus.

You might PM Tatyana!!!

Wait.....you havent had a period in 4 months and just now u wonder if you could be pregnant? How low of a dose is "low dose?" I'm pretty sure that given enough test, you'll develop secondary amenorrhea.... Have you had any other symptoms that could suggest you'd be preggers?

no other symptoms. We both went to the dr. as soon as the periods stopped because we thought it might be nice to have some blood work checked. all my levels and my liver were great. the preg test came back negative and i have taken like six more at home since then. all say no. i just wonder why all of a sudden my periods would just dissappear.
goin on 4T...you have just scared the s*&t out of me... :(

no other symptoms. We both went to the dr. as soon as the periods stopped because we thought it might be nice to have some blood work checked. all my levels and my liver were great. the preg test came back negative and i have taken like six more at home since then. all say no. i just wonder why all of a sudden my periods would just dissappear.
goin on 4T...you have just scared the s*&t out of me... :(

These hoof beats you are hearing are horses, not zebras. It is much more likely that its the effects of the test than pregnancy.

Stop worrying. Or go to the doc again and get another hcg blood test to make yourself feel better. The test is basically shuting your girlie parts down. It's called secondary hyperandrogenism. Be careful taking test, too
much of it is linked to poly-cystic ovarian disease in women.

Amenorrhea - American College of Physicians

Last edited:
I am sorry! I didn't mean to scare you!
If the tests say you are not preg then you probably are not!
What is your body fat %?

Endocrine and Urogenital, Female - The most common side effects of androgen therapy are amenorrhea and other menstrual irregularities, inhibition of gonadotropin secretion, and virilization, including deepening of the voice and clitoral enlargement.
Amenorrhoea
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

amenorrhea (AmE), or amenorrhœa, is the absence of a menstrual period in a woman of reproductive age. Physiologic states of amenorrhoea are seen during pregnancy and lactation (breastfeeding), the latter also forming the basis of a form of contraception known as the lactational amenorrhea method. Outside of the reproductive years there is absence of menses during childhood and after menopause.

Amenorrhoea is a symptom with many potential causes. Primary amenorrhoea (menstruation cycles never starting) may be caused by developmental problems such as the congenital absence of the uterus, or failure of the ovary to receive or maintain egg cells. Also, delay in pubertal development will lead to primary amenorrhoea. Secondary amenorrhoea (menstruation cycles ceasing) is often caused by hormonal disturbances from the hypothalamus and the pituitary gland or from premature menopause, or intrauterine scar formation

ok. I am not sure about the actual dose I am on. I am going to the dr again. I just looked up secondary amenorrhea and the first thing my dr is going to look for is an enlarged clitoris...lol....I am not going to lie...i have had two babies already pre-test and i thought i could get on a low dose to help me get my girlish figure back...it has also boosted the sex drive might i say. i am not sure about the fat %. never taken that kind of test before. i am 5'5" and weigh 135 lbs. really i just have a little fat in my tummy due to preg. how am i going to say now dr...i know something looks a little bigger..lol...but i swear i have not taken anything....

ok. I am not sure about the actual dose I am on. I am going to the dr again. I just looked up secondary amenorrhea and the first thing my dr is going to look for is an enlarged clitoris...lol....I am not going to lie...i have had two babies already pre-test and i thought i could get on a low dose to help me get my girlish figure back...it has also boosted the sex drive might i say. i am not sure about the fat %. never taken that kind of test before. i am 5'5" and weigh 135 lbs. really i just have a little fat in my tummy due to preg. how am i going to say now dr...i know something looks a little bigger..lol...but i swear i have not taken anything....

Just tell him. Do you live in a small town or something? Patient confidentiality prevents him from saying anything to anyone. Because if you dont tell him he's going to suspect you have an androgen secreting tumor, and then insist that you get a bunch of expensive tests done. So what if he lectures you or what not.

If you were my patient, I'd be pissed if you didnt tell me and we did all these tests, found nothing, and it turned out you were supplementing.....

Just tell him. Do you live in a small town or something? Patient confidentiality prevents him from saying anything to anyone. Because if you dont tell him he's going to suspect you have an androgen secreting tumor, and then insist that you get a bunch of expensive tests done. So what if he lectures you or what not.

If you were my patient, I'd be pissed if you didnt tell me and we did all these tests, found nothing, and it turned out you were supplementing.....

Patient confidentiality does "not" pertain to your Insurance Co. though. Many people hide their AAS use from their doctor for this very reason. If your insurance co. finds out you are taking AAS, they could change/drop your coverage.

Just something to think about (although your health is #1)

True. I feel better now. I think that i am just going to get off cycle for a while to let things level out and then we will see what happens. thank you for your help.

Top Bottom