Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Table 6, me 1

Seashell

El Kabong
Platinum
Of all the awkward pieces of furniture I've moved over the past few years, this one takes the cake. :smash:

My mother was kind enough to give me her dining set. It's a really old, round, teak wood table with a leaf that folds under (see: heavy mofo). It's also been recently polished so it's very pretty, and very slippery.

We took the legs off, and figured it should fit in my car. Tried the backseat. Almosssstt...but no. :jump: Arg! The trunk with the seats down? Not even close.

At this point it's already getting frustrating as it's heavy, I've already deadlifted the damn thing for too many reps and it's still not in the car. Also, I'm trying to be gentle so I don't damage anything. So, okay how about the front passenger seat? 20 minutes later after a psychotic amount of manoeuvring, reclining the passenger, then the driver seat (but not at the same time, ofcourse that would have been convenient), and a little bit of cursing, we get the $#@%# thing in. AND, we can close the doors. Score! :D

My finger is throbbing from getting jammed between the console and the table when it suddenly slipped, and the top of my foot is bruised from having to lean the table on it so it wouldn't get dirty. Table 2, me 0.

But alas, the real fun has yet to begin, as I have to get it back OUT, by myself, in the dark. Good times. Not to mention having a stack of 3 chairs slamming you in the shoulder every time you turn right. ;)

I have no idea how I finally got it out, but suffice to say it was not the same way we got it in, it took a lot longer and involved significantly more cursing and maiming.

When all was said and done, I'd acquired 2 bruises on my shin, a sore back, shoulder, finger and foot ...and a beautiful dining set. :)

If I move again, that mofo is staying.

say the word and i'll venture to Canada to give you a nice long NO STRINGS massage.

ok, 1 string ... you let me buy you a drink afterwards.

jerkbox said:
sorry that was too long to read....can i get the cliffs notes version?

Sure!

Cliff Notes:
For good times on a Sunday night I deadlift stupid heavy tables.
Also, I am stronger than you.

Top Bottom