Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sticking it to the man!

SoreArms

I recently got a promotion at work and moved departments

My office (cubicle) used to be in the back corner of a big room (the cubicles have permanent walls and are very big), with 6 other cubicles but only 2 other people in the entire room, so it was very private and quiet. I frequently came in late and no one noticed (supposed to be in at 8:00, frequently show up after 8:30), I could hide and post all day when I wanted to (and I wanted to often :D) and if anyone went to look for me or talk to me I heard the footsteps with enough time to minimize the browser window, maximize something else like a spread sheet, and pretend I was doing work. It was a beautiful set up.

So now my new desk is in a room with heavy traffic where Engineers and management are constantly in looking at enginenring documents, engineering drawings, etc... I am the lead of the department so they placed my desk in front of one of the doors where a lot of people walk through (like a hall way) and many use it as a short cut to get to the other side of the building. Also, one of the vice presidents office in right in front of me as well as one of the conference rooms where the managers have daily meetings at 8:15 AM. So that means that I have to make a much bigger effort to get here on time and always have to look productive.

For a minute I was a little bummed out, sure the promotion and extra money are good, but all this "real" work I have to do now is going to be a drag (do they think they pay me enough to actually work), plus it means less posting time on EF. Then I realized that they probably moved me here on purpose because they realized I was slacking off so much. Give me a little more money and make me comform like a sheep right? Well fuck that, I decided to stick it back to them! I have placed my desk and my monitor in such a manner that I am in sight of anyone that passes by, but they can't see my monitor unless you get behind the desk, there's a wall behind me. So I still post all day, I just sit up straight and put on a serious face as if I'm doing something. My boss even walked up a few minutes ago and stood in front of my desk talking to me, I continued posting as if I was doing work. Sure I might have to step it up a few notches, maybe raise my productivity from 30% to 45%, look like I'm giving 110% and I can still keep my self respect and build up my massive post count.

Hahahaha! Take that corporate fuckers!

I do the same thing, only my monitor can be seen by ANYONE who walks in the room as it is out in the open. That said, I hardly ever minimize LOL

Smurfy said:
I do the same thing, only my monitor can be seen by ANYONE who walks in the room as it is out in the open. That said, I hardly ever minimize LOL

i dont like your avatar

SA, you da man. I'm the same way, except my productivity is probably 20%.

Also I have a office mate who breaths too loud, he may end up dead.

someone came in to ask me something today right as the ball fell out of my mouse, i was reading a klu post and her avatar of her holding her tits was in clear view, i couldnt get rid of it since the mouse was messed up, it was classic

hamstershaver said:
someone came in to ask me something today right as the ball fell out of my mouse, i was reading a klu post and her avatar of her holding her tits was in clear view, i couldnt get rid of it since the mouse was messed up, it was classic
alt+tab

Top Bottom