Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

stamp price increasing again

Re: Re: stamp price increasing again

kingjohn said:

you look really pissed!!!

I bet it goes up even more sooner than later. Nowadays we have to be more careful with our mail. I don't mind spending a few extra pennies. Just as long as I don't see my mailman in an Escalade or something.

:lmao: that would be a sight, the mail man with a new escalade with dubs :FRlol:

i dont really mind the extra pennies, just letting people know :)

How far are we from the abolition of the post office as we know it today? Will all correspondance one day be through e-mail and there will no longer be mail carriers? Will bills be sent through e-mail, and be downloaded with Adobe Acrobat, and then paid over the internet?

bigschweeler said:
How far are we from the abolition of the post office as we know it today? Will all correspondance one day be through e-mail and there will no longer be mail carriers? Will bills be sent through e-mail, and be downloaded with Adobe Acrobat, and then paid over the internet?

how about packages ?

I will give the postal service credit on this: they handle an awful lot of mail and virtually all of it gets to it's destination pretty quickly. Some routes are a little slow and others very fast. The problem I have with this rate hike is it was delayed because service is declining, especially in the priority category (which this rate hike doesn't effect). Regular first class was getting there more quickly and more reliably in many cases. Why pay extra for less then? I think there needs to be another close look at how they do business and where the money goes. Plus, with the increased use of email, you'd think they'd have to streamline a little. They were screaming about losing business and possibly taxing emails to make up for the lost business. How backwards was that thought. I guess it's too much to ask that a government agency might look at cutting some costs or reorganizing in a more efficient manner. Always with them it's more, more, more....

wait when does it become 37 cents?????????

btw I dont really care, I only probably send 10 letters a month. the hassle is buying those shitty one cent stamps to make up the difference

The Dude said:
The problem I have with this rate hike is it was delayed because service is declining, especially in the priority category (which this rate hike doesn't effect). Regular first class was getting there more quickly and more reliably in many cases. Why pay extra for less then? ....

You got that right. My mom sent me a letter priority a couple of weeks ago and I got it 8 days after she sent it. That certainly doesn't sound like priority to me. From now on if I'm hell bent on sending something somewhere and I want it to get there quickly I am gonna UPS or Fed Ex it.

My biggest complaint with the postal service are misuse of funds. :rolleyes:

Do they really need that advertising campaign? - primetime no less
Do they really need to sponsor athletes? - Lance Armstrong can get someone else

NO. :mad:

Ahhh the United States Postal Service... the only business known to man that increases its prices and continues to provide shitty service.

Good thing I haven't put a stamp on a letter in almost a year.

-Warik

Top Bottom