Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

spam mail. help sought

slickdadd

This is my mother we are talking about, but she gets flooded with assloads of spam mail. Anyone know how to avoid this. I know there are programs out there for this, and i got one but i am not too familiar with them and it didn't do the trick. Anyone familiar with exterminating spam mail please do share. Thanks

Is she using something like hotmail, or is it a work account? If it's hotmail or yahoo or something, tell her to go into the filters section and fill in words to filter mail to her trash. Words together like "credit card" "big savings" "great deal", etc. are usually what will keep a lot of the mail out. I would just use every filter with the most common words that she gets. Then, every time after that she gets spam, tell her to click on the mail and then click on "block senders"...there are usually about 100 blocked senders you can put on the list. This helps me control it...

Otherwise, take everyone that she emails, put them on a list, get a whole new email account and let everyone know about it. And NEVER put it onto a site again unless she's absolutely sure they won't sell it.

its a home account, but through the isp, not a web account. Its being ran through outlook. I know i can get her a new one, i am just curious of ways to block the spam on this one.

slickdadd said:
its a home account, but through the isp, not a web account. Its being ran through outlook. I know i can get her a new one, i am just curious of ways to block the spam on this one.

Outlook or Outlook Express?

If you're using Express, there's a feature a Block Sender option under the Message menu. All it does is automatically delete the message, but if any of them are coming from the same source, it's a start.

You can also create rules to automatically delete messages with certain keywords.

A 3rd option would be to complain to her ISP, but I doubt they'll do much.

Top Bottom