Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Software to delete unwanted data on the hard drive

RippedtotheBone

Hey fellas,

does anybody know of software that removes unwanted and all the traces off the hard drive. I've seen an ad once on the english-speaking internet but I can't find the source of it anymore.
I would also be happy about any other tipps on how I can make keeping data a little safer.

Grüße aus Deutschland,

Ripped
[email protected]

P.S.:
Please excuse my bad grammar.

I wouldnt mind getting a nod of approval from someone from the board on this subject myself. The software I use isnt the best out there i think.

##spiderbaby##

did you know that there's software out there that can retrieve all the data on a hard drive.. even after it's been formatted...

no shit..

lol if something like that happens
reformat everything, delete all paritions, and if u want to really be safe get a sledgehammer

They can if it hasnt been Overwritten 10 times...

I own a Computer store and can assure you that there are program's out there that OVERWRITE HARDRIVE INFO for good !! There is a program that i personally use that Surpasses the Department Of Defenses encryption Spec's... If you need info on it gimme a shout !! ;)

E-Mail TheBigHurt Here

EE

Get Evidence Eliminator, but be careful about how you configure it.
It's 149.00, but you can find a solution to that at www.astalavista.com

It can rewrite the targeted information so that it cannot be retrieved.

EE SUCKS

Lets just say Evidence eliminator Blows donkeys and thats all ill say... Get a Clue kronos and stop believing the hype.. There are programs and thats not one of them... Send me your Hard Drive and ill send you the Info thats on it ..Even after you use EE...

Well Decem, this is what i would do....

decem said:
did you know that there's software out there that can retrieve all the data on a hard drive.. even after it's been formatted...

no shit..

Let's say the drive is in FAT32. You format it in NTFS, then again in Fat32. Everything should be destructed.

I know IBM has programs that after formatting fill every bit with blanks or zeros. That should take care of it as well.

No No No

Data is never totally removed, regardless of formatting ten or ten million times.

The DoD policy for erasing top secret data is the put the disks into machines that essentially pound the disks into sand, then they smolt the 'sand'.

If formatting X number of times was safe, they wouldn't be doing this.

But theres a flip side to this. You are very likely not a high profile enough target for anyone to give a rat's ass about the data you've overwritten.

Use PGP's clear disk utility.

Thanks a lot for all the feedback. I will download Evidence Eliminator just to see what it can do.

@TheBigHurt:
I will get in touch with you soon.

Noch einen schönen Abend,

Ripped aus Deutschland

Top Bottom