Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

So much for the "Buying a used car is better than buying new".

HS Lifter

Been heavily researching for a car, and it's not really worth buying used.

For example:

A 2000 Toyota Celica GT with about 60K miles goes for about 10K.(Atleast on socal).

Now, you can get a 2006 Scion TC Brand new for 17K.

That extra 7K buys:

1. 60K less miles(huge difference).

2. Warranty(used you get jack).

3. A car that is 6 years newer( More powerfull as well).

4. Security (You don't have to worry about how the used car was maintained, hard to put a price on this).

5. New Car financing rates.

Anyway, the above scenario is present with all Jap cars. It's not worth buying used with a jap car.

So now Im stuck in a dilema, I can't really afford a new car( Well, with financing I can, but I don't want to be stuck with a car payment for the next 5 years.... at this point in my life) but at the same time, buying used is not worth it.

I'n my opinion its always better to go new.

I got a new car in 1999.

It has 71K miles on it now and runs perfectly, still looks good. I know the exact condition it is in because I am the only owner and handle all repairs, oil changes, etc.

Used cars = you taking care of problems resulting from OTHER people's wear and tear, who wants that shit?

The first year in a car is fucking awesome, new car smell, not a thing wrong, enjoy it man.

Lestat said:
I'n my opinion its always better to go new.

I got a new car in 1999.

It has 71K miles on it now and runs perfectly, still looks good. I know the exact condition it is in because I am the only owner and handle all repairs, oil changes, etc.

Used cars = you taking care of problems resulting from OTHER people's wear and tear, who wants that shit?

The first year in a car is fucking awesome, new car smell, not a thing wrong, enjoy it man.

Totally agree. But like I said, still have this "financial" dilema.

dude finance it, I did. I paid it off early and saved some money, but I didn't have 22K to chunk down at the time. I was 22 years old Finance it bro.

Lestat said:
dude finance it, I did. I paid it off early and saved some money, but I didn't have 22K to chunk down at the time. I was 22 years old Finance it bro.

Yeah, I think Im just going to say "fuck it", take out a loan be done with it. So, looks like I will be giving myself a nice 21st b-day present. lol

go for it bro, you wont end up regretting it

Buy a car one year old. You don't pay the outrageous "new car" price embellishment.

10k more, but you save thousands less. And with less of a price, there's LESS to borrow and thus pay interest on.

I once bought a car 1 year old, and paid only 1/3'rd less of a price than the new one. Muchos savings (not to mention ins and property tax).

Buy a car thats 10 years old. Sure its got high miles and may cause a headache here and there but it only cost 3g and you will have all the extra money cause theres no way your gonna spend 300$/month on it if you know what to look for when buying

i Bought a pre owned BMW with a 100,000 mile warranty on it....car is a little over a year old..fully loaded and only had 9,000 miles on it...so the sticker on the car was 49K$ and i paid allot less than that....so I make out like a bandit...why buy new when you couldnt tell the difference if you saw my car.

im in the same spot...though i would consider ex fleet if i were you. 61k miles is too much, around here ex fleet cars attract similar discounts, but only have about 22k miles on them, so its ok

Top Bottom