Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Small Talk- an annoying part of everyday life

havoc

Shaolin Ninja
Small Talk, is it necessary? It is by far one of the most fake and insincere ways that many on a daily basis take part in. Fake emotions, fake smiles, fake mannerisms, fake laughter, this shit surrounds me. People will say something to you in a worthless attempt to sound sincere or caring and don't even look at you in your eyes. I put a hault to responding to this type of shit about 2 years ago. Its sad. If a person does'nt have the common courtesy to look me in the eye then I just don't respond. They soon get the picture. What sparked this thread is about 8 minutes ago I heard one of the most horrific conversations ever all full of the above characteristics. These 3 gentlemen were just talking out of there ass like clockwork and as if its just routine. To hear them attempt to conjure up a laugh was amusing. Its a true waste of vocal chord usage. peace

i concur

Small talk does blow goat balls! I have to do it everyday of my life because of the line of work i am in. Every time you are in a Fitness setting you are expected to cater to the needs of others even if it means shooting the shit while these people work out in your gym....

I've found that grunting your reply often eliminates small talk. People become disouraged when you will not give elaborate responses. This suits me because I am a misanthrop. I have no use for most people beacause they have nothing useful to say.

Those who know you will be able to read your reply in the grunt and those who don't will become confused and upset, refusing to talk to you anymore because you will not respond in kind with idle banter and that suits me fine.

So how are you doing today havoc?

Good....Good!

Did ya see any of that game last night?

me...no...

LOL!!!

I usually rip peoples heads off at the first sign of small talk..my remaining co-workers just leave me alone....

So how are you doing today havoc?

Good....Good!

Did ya see any of that game last night?

me...no...

LOL!!!

I usually rip peoples heads off at the first sign of small talk..my remaining co-workers just leave me alone....

Wodin, hey bro, I understood you the first time, seriously I did.

Its hard to believe that I find more sincere people on a computer than in real life.

I work in a corporate environment, small talk is a surrounding disease up in this bitch.

Small talk with middle aged women in my office setting is pure torture. The "hey how are you, good how are you" macro is embedded in my brain. I'm the young one around here though so i can't just ignore the small talk.

Hey havoc...are you and i in the same line of work? coportate fitness or what? The Prerequiste is listen to other peoples problems...we are like priets or even worse...hairdressers...lmao..

Captain, my fellow conqueror of the "skank", yes we are in the same field, corporate fitness, now dont get a honky wrong, I like many people here, and they are genuine but then there are others. peace

Top Bottom