Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Small Talk- an annoying part of everyday life

i usually try my hardest not to engage in it... but thats not possible to do if its at/for work.... on my own time, it is quite easy to be a dick and ignore someone or just shake my head and walk away...

what i have found is if you are very unresponsive and nod your head with no words, you will be left alone... you'll be called a dick in someone's mind but do you really care?

Every Monday:
a: How ya doing?
b: Okay. You know - it's Monday.
a: Yeah, the weekend is too short!
b: Teh.

Every Friday:
a: How ya doing?
b: Long week.
a: Yeah, but at least it's Friday.
b: True.

Yes it is

I try not engage in it, people in my office call me quiet, but what they mean is I dont talk the typical shit like they do too often because it bores the hell out of me

also why can you not answer corporate faxes with a simple yes or no, why does there have to be an explanation to everything

whats wrong with a nice direct simple

yes

????????

corporate bullshit

every phone conversation with my boss..

........ speaking (me)
hello ........ how are you (him)
good thanks how are you (me)
i'm doing just fine thanks (him)

:mad:

i couldn't agree with this shit more. how about all the stimulating conversations that are had about the f!@#@!ing weather? is it going to rain this weekend? i don't know and who gives a shit. get on the internet and look it up or turn on the weather channel.

Weapon X just described the exact conversation i think millions of people have all over corporate america every monday and friday. yes the weekend was far too short and yes mondays would be better if they were fridays. someone shoot me in the face. this is why i hate hitting on girls because it's nothing but small talk. but then if you break out of small talk and start off with something strange you are almost automatically a freak. whateva.

they suck. the best way is to either give as short & final answers as possible (yes, no, maybe, i don't know), or say really weird shit (what type of object do you think jesus used to wipe his ass after taking a shit?). you have to walk a fine line between being funny & being odd. if you come across as too odd people will just think you are funny. but if you do it right people will get really uncomfortable and leave you alone.

however, when you enjoy someone's presence, talking about nothing feels pretty good.

Small talk sucks, but it's a necessary evil.

I have to put up with a lot of it....enough that by the end of the day I don't even want to look at another person. However, small talk is an important part of everyday life. It shows that you can be social without being intrusive.

T.

Next time someone asks you how you are -

TELL THEM.

And in grave detail - spare no social formalities.

Get down dirty blunt and honest.

I can almost guarantee they'll not ask you again.

Top Bottom