Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Since All Of You On Here Workout ...how Is This For A Post Workout Shake?

HamsterHider

16 OUNCES SKIM MILK
3 TABLESPOONS HONEY
2 TABLESPOONS NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER
I BANNANA
2 SCOOPS OF WHEY PROTEIN 44 GRAMS PROTEIN

IT TASTES OK AND BETTER THAN PAYING 5.50 A DRINK AT THE JUICE BAR WHERE THE GUYS WITH MAKEUP AND GLITTER HANGOUT.

DOES IT SOUND OK FOR A MADE UP SPUR OF THE MOMENT POST WORKOUT SHAKE?

ALSO KNOW OF ANY PREMADE MPR OR POWDERED DRINKS FOR POST WORKOUT LIKE BIOTEST'S SURGE TYPE THINGY?

Not sure about the peanut butter - I always thought you were supposed to have little or no fat in the post-training shake. You mentioned Surge - it only has 1.5g of fat.

(I wish you were supposed to put peanut butter in Surge - it's not the greatest tasting crap in the world.)

I READ AN ARTICLE ON SURGE IN TESTOSTERONE HARD COPY MAGAZINE MAILED TO ME. IT WAS BEFORE THEY RELEASED THE STUFF FOR SALE. THEY SAID IT WAS SO POWERFUL YOU WOULD GET A HEAD RUSH FEEL FUNNY AND THAT IS HOW YOU KNEW IT WAS WORKING. HOW IS THE STUFF BY THE WAY? IS IT EXPENSIVE? WORTH THE MONEY?

I asked this question in the Diet Board, do a search.

The consensus was

1. No fat
2. 30 gm Dextrose or maltodextrose (Sweet Tarts)- Fast absorbing carb
3. 30-45gm of Protein.

The theory is that the fast-absorbing sugar rapidly pulls protein with it into muscle.

I usually go:

<4 oz milk,
1 saccharin or equal,
1/4 bananna,
30+ gm protein powder,
1-2 egg whites or egg beaters,
2 ice cubes,
water to volume/ desired thickness,
sometimes a little vanilla for flavor
blend on high for like 2 minutes.

and eat 6-8 sour balls (which are dextrose)

flavor and taste are great!

Skip the fat, your insulin levels are elevated post workout, which can increase fat storage, particularly if fats are eaten during this time. It will also delay the digestion of the carbs and protein that you want to get to your muscles as fast as possible.

I personally blend, for bulking, 6 cups of rice milk and 3 scoops whey protein....the rice milk has 1 gram of fat per serving which I consider acceptable....

I think the optimal post workout shake, depending on how many cals you want, would be around a 65/35 ratio of dextrose (glucose, highest GI carb) and whey protein with glutamine and if you have the $$$ a BCAA supp. as well as 1-2 grams Vit C, E, and other Anti-oxs' if possible...might also be a good time to take your multi.

Since All Of You On Here Workout ...how Is This For A Post Workout Shake?

It's a good thing I know you are being a wise ass! Or I would tear you a new one!:D

THANKS GUYS, I THINK WHEN PAYDAY COMES I AM GOING TO ORDER SOMETHING OF A BLEND LIKE FRACKAL SUGGESTED. BY THE WAY FRACKAL WHY NO"PENIS" QOUTE HERE. NOW I AM GOING TO EAT DINNER SO THIS WILL BE A LITTLE EASIER TO PLAN.

HamsterHider said:
I READ AN ARTICLE ON SURGE IN TESTOSTERONE HARD COPY MAGAZINE MAILED TO ME. IT WAS BEFORE THEY RELEASED THE STUFF FOR SALE. THEY SAID IT WAS SO POWERFUL YOU WOULD GET A HEAD RUSH FEEL FUNNY AND THAT IS HOW YOU KNEW IT WAS WORKING. HOW IS THE STUFF BY THE WAY? IS IT EXPENSIVE? WORTH THE MONEY?
Not worth it at all. I got over a month's supply. Very expensive mistake. Tastes like you're drinking liquified old man's toenails. I didn't notice shit. I'll stick to met-rx, NLarge, or Pure whey (prolab).

Your shake looks great. I'll have to try that. Maybe minus the peanut butter, but who knows.

HH, here's mine:
3 scoops of unflavoured whey protein
2 scoops of maltodextrin
1 tablespoon of glucose
Skimmed UHT milk
1 teaspoon of creatine (optional)
then for flavour I either add a little milkshake powder, banana or low fat / fat free ice cream.

Frackal said:
Skip the fat, your insulin levels are elevated post workout, which can increase fat storage, particularly if fats are eaten during this time. It will also delay the digestion of the carbs and protein that you want to get to your muscles as fast as possible.

I personally blend, for bulking, 6 cups of rice milk and 3 scoops whey protein....the rice milk has 1 gram of fat per serving which I consider acceptable....

I think the optimal post workout shake, depending on how many cals you want, would be around a 65/35 ratio of dextrose (glucose, highest GI carb) and whey protein with glutamine and if you have the $$$ a BCAA supp. as well as 1-2 grams Vit C, E, and other Anti-oxs' if possible...might also be a good time to take your multi.

The only thing I would add would be Acidophilus to aid in the digestion process.

Nice Blend Frack.

Top Bottom