Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Should We Consider Drug Addicts as Losers? Why do we then?

addickt said:

See, that is the type of bullshit that fuels peoples misconceptions.
'
I have used huge amounts of dozens of drugs in my life but I have never mugged an old lady or even known any one who has to get drugs.

I have a couple questions for you addict. What drugs have ya done and have you seen any long term consequences of doing huge amounts of drugs(ie memory loss, trouble concentrating etc.)? I ask this in all sincerity.

curling said:

I have a couple questions for you addict. What drugs have ya done and have you seen any long term consequences of doing huge amounts of drugs(ie memory loss, trouble concentrating etc.)? I ask this in all sincerity.

Honestly, it would take me a good hour to type out all of the drugs that I have done in my life time.

The ones that I most heavily abused are Cocaine, X, AAS, LSD, GHB, Nubain, Vicodin and lately sedatives.... Ambien, Versed, Restoril, valium, xanax

Pretty much the only drug that I have never done is crack cocaine.

I would have to agree that long term drug use has definitely affected my perceptions and brain chemistry.

I would have to say that X and the heavy sedative/hypnotics have caused me the most psychological turmoil and the AAS have caused the most physiological trauma..

That is mostly because of the large amounts that I was doing though.

Addy

Like say cocaine how much have you think you have done and did you shoot it or snort it(you mentioned you didn't smoke it) ? The reason I ask this chick I know does it alot I mean she has probably gone through a couple hundred grand on the stuff. Will that hurt her long term as far as brain function and memory?

I´m not a big expert on the subject, but i think cocaine doesn´t just addict the mind but also the body. That´s why it is very difficult to get off drugs like alcohol and cocaine once you are addicted.

curling said:
Like say cocaine how much have you think you have done and did you shoot it or snort it(you mentioned you didn't smoke it) ? The reason I ask this chick I know does it alot I mean she has probably gone through a couple hundred grand on the stuff. Will that hurt her long term as far as brain function and memory?

cocaine depletes the pleasure centers of the brain. usually the effects are irreversable. I beleive the brain chemical Seratonin is the one that's affected.

The Nature Boy said:

cocaine depletes the pleasure centers of the brain. usually the effects are irreversable. I beleive the brain chemical Seratonin is the one that's affected.

So inotherwords it leads to more depressions. Does that stop after one quits using it? Inotherwords does the seratonin levels come back after time or with use of like 5htp and other natural seratonin booster substances are taken?

From a libertarian viewpoint, drugs should be legalized. Hard drugs, such as cocaine, morphine, opium, etc. were OTC in the late 1800's and early 1900's, without the criminal problem that is inherent in the Prohibition environment.

While I advocate the legalization, I do not advocate the use of psychoactive drugs for escapist reasons. I do not agree with the people who use very addictive drugs for partying purposes and then utilize them chronically to acheive a "high", which is a waste of man's ultimate ability, his reasoning faculties (do not attempt to argue that some drugs open creative centers in the brain or some other unsupportable garbage).

I agree with legalization, yet I do not know how these drugs could be introduced legally into the public, since the trial lawyers would be ready to pounce on the first case of overdose and sue the manufacturer out of existence.

drug addicts are losers..drugs will never be legalized either!!!

cockdezl said:
While I advocate the legalization, I do not advocate the use of psychoactive drugs for escapist reasons. I do not agree with the people who use very addictive drugs for partying purposes and then utilize them chronically to acheive a "high", which is a waste of man's ultimate ability, his reasoning faculties (do not attempt to argue that some drugs open creative centers in the brain or some other unsupportable garbage).

[/B]

Well so what? Why should you care what motivate people to use these drugs? What if they like it and could care less about using his or her reasoning faculties? I mean it is their life is it not? Why should you care if they want to waste it doing escapes drugs? Maybe they don't like life that much and the only way they can cope with it is the use of the drug.

Top Bottom