Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Should We Consider Drug Addicts as Losers? Why do we then?

Anyone else seen those commercials that basically say...

"if you use drugs, you are supporting terrorists?

Next thing you know you will be able to be charged with funding terrorism for buying zig-zags.

HA

No all habitual users of recreational drugs are addicts. I use amphetamine, weed, acid very infrequently (about once every 6 months or so). I have used several other substances. Sometimes its a good escape. Many people use alcohol to loosen up or fit in --- I use other substances to escape. What's the difference...

plornive said:
No all habitual users of recreational drugs are addicts. I use amphetamine, weed, acid very infrequently (about once every 6 months or so). I have used several other substances. Sometimes its a good escape. Many people use alcohol to loosen up or fit in --- I use other substances to escape. What's the difference...

Judging from recent events, it would be much less harmful for me to do just about anything other than alcohol to escape.

casavant said:

Judging from recent events, it would be much less harmful for me to do just about anything other than alcohol to escape.
Interestingly, my most dangerous encounter with drugs was with alcohol. I was never into drinking more than 2-3 at a time before my 21st Bday. I was in Hong Kong with some friends and they took me to a cheap bar. I drank about 16 drinks of a varietous sort in about 50 minutes --- vodka, long-island iced tea, tequila, beer, gin, screwdrivers... I finished off with 1 whiskey, 1 bourbon and 1 beer. The last thing I remember is trying to drink that beer. I woke up in bed covered in vomit.

I had spent the night in a black-out, screaming at people, taxi-drivers, ripping up my own money. I was carried back to my room and left to sleep w/o puking.:confused:

casavant said:
Well I'll be damned, curling. Did you just have an epiphany? I welcome you to the world of abstract and conceptual thinking.:)

First, I am upset because you made me look up the word epiphany what a pain. What did you just learn that word from the Readers Digest Increase Your Word Power or what. :D

But other than that thanks. btw I think abstract all the time I even considered cutting the bottom of my ear off so I could be artsy fartsy dude.

The funniest people are the ones that argue the virtues of their drug of choice but denounce all others for using other compounds.

addickt said:
The funniest people are the ones that argue the virtues of their drug of choice but denounce all others for using other compounds.
I'll second that, only I don't think it's funny:mad:

As a former alcohol abuser, I say, legalise drugs. I found it hard enough to give up booze with it being cheap and legal. It would have been impossible if I had been socially marginalised by it also being illegal....

The way I see it, I feel sorry for addicts, but also hold them responsible for their behaviour. If they mug a little old lady, that is downright shitty, whether for drug money or not. But I support treatment instead of incarceration as jail is NOT a drug free environment... I know a prison nurse, he assures me of this.

circusgirl said:
As a former alcohol abuser, I say, legalise drugs. I found it hard enough to give up booze with it being cheap and legal. It would have been impossible if I had been socially marginalised by it also being illegal....

The way I see it, I feel sorry for addicts, but also hold them responsible for their behaviour. If they mug a little old lady, that is downright shitty, whether for drug money or not. But I support treatment instead of incarceration as jail is NOT a drug free environment... I know a prison nurse, he assures me of this.

See, that is the type of bullshit that fuels peoples misconceptions.
'
I have used huge amounts of dozens of drugs in my life but I have never mugged an old lady or even known any one who has to get drugs.

Top Bottom