Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Should I pay for my gym membership or work out at home? Opinions welcome.

casavant

I've been working out at Gold's Gym for three years now. I worked there for the past year for anywhere from 6- 30 hours a week. The only time I've had to pay was the first few months I was signed up. After that, I got a free membership through a deal that the club I was bouncing at had arranged with the owner. Once I started working at the gym, I didn't have to pay for a membership either, of course. A few weeks ago, because of a scheduling conflict (not a disagreement of any sort), my remaining shift was cut, but I was told that I would be "on call" and that I would get to retain my free membership, which was very generous of them. A few days ago, though, the owner informed me that he was going to start charging me for a membership, although at a discounted rate of $25 a month. No problems there- he has a business to run and $25 isn't that much. I'm thinking though, I already have an olymic bench, barbell, trap bar, curl bar, and 850 pounds of weight at home. I could take the $300 I would spend in a year on the gym and buy a power rack, incline bench, pull-up bar, and some dumbbells, and I would pretty much be set.

Of course, the disadvantage to this would be that I wouldn't have access to all the hammer strength stuff as well as some of the other neat little gym machines, etc. On the other hand, I could get back to the basics with the free weights and change my training up a little and save a monthly payment in the process. What do you guys think?? Thanks.

Only $25 a month and you get to work out whenever you want, no restrictions?

Are you slow or something? Take it, unless you can afford to but all the weight equipment you need to make a home gym!

I had to pay $200 to upgrade and pay $32 a month to be able to work out whenever I want and at whatever club I want (24 Hour Fitness). I used to pay $22 a month but could only work out Tues., Thurs, Sat. and Sun.

Shit, man!

Yeah, $25 a month is nothing, really. I just hate to think of adding another friggin' bill, no matter how small.

I would have no restrictions on when I got to use it. I would get free tanning too. I'm just toying with the alternative.

Another downside to working out at home is that I wouldn't see all my gym buds nearly as much.

On the upside, sometimes not having access to fancy equipment is a good thing. I've always centered most of my training around free weights.

Keep the membership but start carrying around a couple of midgets for continous strength training. I prefer the 3' 6" 180 pounders myself..

casavant said:
I would have no restrictions on when I got to use it. I would get free tanning too. I'm just toying with the alternative.

Free tanning too... It just keeps getting better and better. Stay at Gold's!

lol its weird how the people that work out in a fully equipped gym says that they only use the free weights. But the guys that work in a poorly equipped gym wants more fancy machinery.

casavant said:
Yeah, $25 a month is nothing, really. I just hate to think of adding another friggin' bill, no matter how small.

Ummm, if you turn it down, I will call you a RETARD for like the rest of the time I post on this board because only a RETARD would turn that down.

Get them to take it out of your checking account that is what 24 Hour does.

MrMuscle said:
lol its weird how the people that work out in a fully equipped gym says that they only use the free weights. But the guys that work in a poorly equipped gym wants more fancy machinery.

I use the machines too. Particularly some of the leg stuff, the cable row, and the tri extension. But free weights are the shit.

Top Bottom