Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

shaving tips

DrJay

Well I finally decided to shave it all off - it will be the first time doing this so I wanna do it right. I know alot of you guys shave so any help would be greatly appreciated - the horror stories about ingrown hairs and irritation are mainly the reason why I put it off this long.

Do it in the shower, or right after.

Use shaving cream.

Use new and sharp razors.

Go with the hairs.

Trim long hair before you shave.

Use an after shave CREAM. Do not use anything alcohol based.

Use hair clippers first, shave it down to the wood, than use a razor. Use the same kind of razor you would use on your face and lots of shaving cream:)

If you shave for the first time you will probably get irritation no matter what you do. What you have to do is maintain it at least every 3 days. After about 3 or 4 weeks your skin will adjust to the shaving and the irritation will stop. Its miserable the first few weeks.

I agree...just clippers for the first time. See how it grows back. If you want to use a razor then I suggest good sharp razors, lots of shaving gel, and use aftershave(sounds crazy but I use rubbing alcohol:eek: , stings a bit but it cleans real well, leaves less irritation, and I have no ingrowns this way;) ). Now my roommate has a serious problem with ingrowns, but we think it's cause his hair is naturally alot curlier and grows back slower. Mine grows back just like the stubble on my face...it sucks...I think I'm going to have to have it lasered someday. Good luck!:cool:

Just use a trimmer with no attachment to cut it as close as you can. If you haven't shaved your crotch (politically correct, eh?) before, you will need about 3 razor blades since the hair is going to still be a little long after the trimmer than an every day shave. Rinse all the cut hair off thoroughly so you don't cause anymore irritation when you start shaving again. After that, apply some lotion with aloe vera to the slightly wet skin. Then, apply Vasoline to the area. Vasoline prevents ALOT of ingrown hairs and prevents alot of friction with your razor. Learned that trick from Jenna Jameson when she was on some cable channel late one night. LOL Make sure not to get it too thick or you'll be rinsing the crap out of your razors. Vasoline is sticky and some hair will stick in the razor. Just run hot water at full blast over it, and it should usually clean it out. Remember to change your razors ever so often or if they get clogged, and you'll be fine. You'll may get some irritation or a few ingrown hairs the first time, but after maintaining it, it all goes away. :wavey:

Make sure that razor is sharp!!! I use a skin moisturizer after. To prevent any ingrown hairs girlfriend bought me a loufa and some shower gel for men. It exfoliates(removes the dead skin), I don't get any ingrowns.

Top Bottom