Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Salmon and feta Cheese don't mix!

SoreArms

I cooked up some salmon last night and decided to crumble it up and chow it down with some romaine and a little bit of thousand islands (salad). I know that for the most part, cheese kills the taste of fish so as a genral rule you don't mix them (like parmesan on fish), but as I was reaching for the thou. I saw the feta cheese and thought "hmmm, it might not be too bad on a salad". So I threw in a couple of pinches of it. It didn't taste that bad as I was eating it, but it left a nasty after taste in my mouth that stayed with me until this morning (yes, I did brush my teeth last night). My morning coffee seems to be over ridign the taste though.

Maybe I should have put this in Goneliftings mistakes thread.

my mom made hamburger patties with garlic & herb feta cooked in the middle of them earlier this week. awesome!

Doesn't sound too bad but I'll take your word for it. Feta and tomato sandwiches with a lot of pepper is the shit!

Feta is the bomb! I make spinach and feta omelletes on a regular basis, but believe me, when combined with salmon, the after taste is not worth it.

I don't think so. I buy salmon from trader joes at least once a week. Besides, wouldn't I have the runs by now?

Top Bottom