Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Roxio 5 error, error loading cdr4

MaGilicuti

i am doing support for my job and at this company they use roxio 5.

now for whatever reason i just installed a dvd/cdr for this user in his c series dell latitude. basically everyone has a c series or d series latitude at my job and are all running the same basic core set up.

for some reason this user is starting to get "error loading cdr4" when he starts roxio 5. device manager sees the drive and the drive is working properly. the drive plays/reads music/data cds no problem.

this user is a higher level employee so he had admin rights. the only outside application i saw installed was itunes but there could be more.

any suggestions?

ps. i tried the first couple soultions google offered

I would actually try another burning application. Sometimes one version will not work with certain drives.

I would do the following
1) Test burning with another application (even itunes)
2) Check for firmware updates on the drive. My DVD in my inspiron could not read a lot of things properly until the firmware update.
3) switch the drive with another from the same model. If it works, it is the drive.

Just an few options to try. I know this response in very late, but wanted to post in case someone else has a similar problem.

Top Bottom