Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Replacing the headers on my acura

Steroid_Virgin

hey,

The stock headers on my GSR rattle.. A new set of factory headers (they call it an A Pipe) cost $600... I can get some ceramic DC's for $380. Is it a real pain in the arse to replace the headers yourself.. I have a decent amount of exp with cars.. Never replaced the headers.. I was thinking I might have to raise the engine a bit with a floor jack or somthing, but is it much more involved than that?

I didnt have to lift the engine when i put my headers on, all I had to do was get the car up on ramps to have enough room to work. But the car I did it on was 10 years old and I had a hell of a time getting those rusty fused on bolts off.

Steroid_Virgin said:
hey,

The stock headers on my GSR rattle.. A new set of factory headers (they call it an A Pipe) cost $600... I can get some ceramic DC's for $380. Is it a real pain in the arse to replace the headers yourself.. I have a decent amount of exp with cars.. Never replaced the headers.. I was thinking I might have to raise the engine a bit with a floor jack or somthing, but is it much more involved than that?

It's not really fair to call that thing "headers." When it's a car like that, I refer to it as an exhaust manifold. When I think of headers, I picture big ass shiny pipes coming off a big ass V8 on either side of the block.

yeah ok.. point taken on the headers vs. exhaust manifold.. they are not "headers" but they are in effect the same thing. Actually.. DC Sports does call the part I'm buying a header, so you can take that up with them if you care so much.

Top Bottom